Particle Control Through Forces

Dimipapa
Dimipapa Website User Posts: 333 Enthusiast

In this project I have some zero speed particles being moved around through the use of forces.  It's a little clunky and It behaves strangely sometimes, but it's a way you can really make the particles do almost exactly what you want them to do.  I would love it if the particle simulator would be updated with new options since I think it's one of the most adaptable tools in hitfilm and it's been a minute.  Download the project below as well if you want to mess with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2t6ke7agwtat22/Particle Control.hfp?dl=0

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,564 Moderator

@Dimipapa Very interesting!  I can see quite a few uses for that.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,021 Ambassador

One thing that would really make forces easier is if a force's position could be parented to a point! It's a long-standing Wishlist item for me.

Fun proof of concept! 

• Dimipapa
    Dimipapa Website User Posts: 333 Enthusiast
    edited March 2020

I dunno I'm sure it would be super hard but I would love to see things like particles interacting with each other as an option, stacking on top of each other, knocking into each other and changing direction or globbing together by the gravity created by there being many together.  Would like to change the speed of particles after they were born.   Being able to make forces stronger or weaker depending on location kind of like what you suggested.  More layers of mobile emitters, have a mobile emitter that can birth other mobile emitters unto as many layers as you want.  I could probably go on and on.  At this point I'd be happy with any new options, even some quality of life changes to make certain particle set up easier.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,021 Ambassador

Well, you can change the speed of particles after birth, somewhat, with the Lifetime graph. Otherwise, I have my own list of Particle Sim enhancements I'd like that surely overlaps yours. ?