Is it possible to make a 3d green screen in hitfilm express?

hmoodyTH
hmoodyTH Posts: 18 Just Starting Out*

I want to make a video where i have a green screen on a laptop's screen, what do i have to do to make sure it stays on for the duration of the video?

P.S. i know how to use green screens and all the other basics with stuff like keyframes, just dont know how to make it a 3d green screen

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,201 Expert

@hmoodyTH I'm a bit confused what you are trying to do here.  Do you mean you want to turn the laptop screen green, or replace the screen with something else like video footage or Star Trek style screen?  But you most likely will need to track the four corners of the screen and use a quad warp effect.  There's a tutorial from FxHome, I think on screen replacement but on my phone at the moment and fi doing and pasting is a process.  Hope this answers some questions though.

• hmoodyTH

Thank you, im trying to turn the laptop screen green

where do i find the quad warp effect? and ill try to find that tutorial

thanks again!

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,201 Expert
    edited March 2020

You should have a folder in effects called warps or something like that.  If not, type quad or warp into search bar with effects open and it should locate it.

Edit: By far the easiest method would be to cut a piece is green poster board to fit your screen on the laptop and carefully affix it with something sticky that won't damage the screen.  If it is just the right size it might sit inside the edges around the screen with nothing to hold it.

• hmoodyTH

Yep, found it, thanks x3