Hitfilm Double Point tracking not working

Hello, I am trying to follow along with this tutorial.

At this point 5:31 he places the object in the middle of watch and parents it to the double point track.

I did exactly the same but my track doesn't follow along.

Am I during something wrong? I know the tutorial is in After FX but it should in theory be the same method .

Hope you can help btw if you wanna try yourself the footage is linked in the description of the tutorial above

Here you can see my track that doesnt follow along 

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,114 Expert

@danilkp1234 I downloaded the files and took a stab at this. I didn't watch the tutorial, but I used a single point track and was able to get the watch hologram to convincingly sit on the watch. I did make the hologram a 3D plane, but I don't think that would be necessary. Check out this video by Axel. It would be the best when it comes to showing how to do this kind of thing...

• danilkp1234
    danilkp1234 Posts: 78
    edited March 2020

@FilmSensei i will try that. I thought it needed to track the scale, rotation etc like in the toturial :)

Edit:

just tried to track a point right in the middle with a single point tracking point and applying the x and y position to a Point layer but it is still not following along hmm.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,114 Expert

@danilkp1234 I didn't track scale and rotation because it doesn't look like it's needed. My result came out looking pretty good!

• danilkp1234
    danilkp1234 Posts: 78
    edited March 2020

@FilmSensei could you try and send your project files. Mine still doesn't seem to work i tried with both a 2d and 3d point

EDIT: Nevermind tried resetting the transform of the image and then it just worked weird :)