HitFilm Pro shortcuts/workspace ?

vanya_k
vanya_k Posts: 141 Just Starting Out*
edited March 2020 in Post-production techniques

Is there a way in HitFilm Pro to add shortcuts?  I need ZOOM IN and OUT on timeline and I noticed that they don't have it in the program.I work with shortcuts and I will need to be able to change them and add new ones so hopefully just like in the other professional software this can be done. 

Also is there a way to upon opening HitFilmPro I have my workspace config (or even default) open ?

My windows are all floating and messed up and every time I open it first I have to waste my time on fixing effed up window layouts. Can this be just fixed and saved as a default ?

Btw this software is incredible and I assume it can all be done I just am not informed. Which is why  I appreciate your understanding of my ignorance. Thank you

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,566 Moderator

File > Options > Shortcuts

You can use this page to look up the default shortcuts, or set your own. (Timeline zoom certainly is a shortcut, Ctrl + [plus sign + or minus sign -])

Window > Workspaces

I recommend starting with one of the default workspaces (like Editing) and customizing it how you like from there. Once you’re done, go back to that menu and save your newly customized workspace... HitFilm will always start with whatever your most recent workspace was, minus any alterations made without saving the workspace.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,995 Just Starting Out

"Is there a way in HitFilm Pro to add shortcuts?"

You can't add shortcuts but you can change the keybinds of existing shortcuts. File -> Options -> Shortcuts

"I need ZOOM IN and OUT on timeline and I noticed that they don't have it in the program."

If you hold CTRL and scroll up and down you'll be able to zoom in large increments. As correctly stated by @triforcefx - the CTRL plus and minus (+ -) will zoom in large increments as opposed to small, which has not shortcut attached at this time. I'm hoping to see one in a future version.

If you hover your cursor over the zoom function which looks like mountains, or a filled in graph, depending on how you look at it - you'll be able to zoom in small increments. (image just below):

"I work with shortcuts and I will need to be able to change them and add new ones so hopefully just like in the other professional software this can be done."

As mentioned earlier, HitFilm will let you change existing shortcuts, so if you want to add your own shortcuts, you'd either want to record a macro using a supported keyboard and mouse software or some quick coding using e.g Autohotkey, which would let you pixel map movement as well.

"Also is there a way to upon opening HitFilmPro I have my workspace config (or even default) open ?"

HitFilm will remember the last workspace you were using and use that as the default everytime when launching and entering an existing and a new project. This also works between PC reboots, hot and cold.

• vanya_k
    vanya_k Posts: 141 Just Starting Out*

Thank you guys all of this was a very helpful.

I am using a Mac for now but my keyboard is for Windows so CTRL + Scroll is a perfect shortcut for ZOOM in and out.