Imerge Pro 5.0.8 and CR2 RAW files?

chanenchong
chanenchong Website User Posts: 6 Just Starting Out
edited February 2020 in Imerge

Just thought of starting a new discussion here to get some perspective. Technical Support has not responded in awhile so just wanted to see if any users have solutions they have tried. To Start, I am using a 2016 MacBook Pro with MacOS Mojave. My specs are:

CPU: 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7

RAM: 8GB

GPU: Intel Iris 550 1536MB

Yes I know it's below minimum, but I've been able to run the latest version of Imerge pretty well for over a month. In fact it's running smoothly now. I can use Layers and Effects; Import JPEG and PNG files without problems.

I understand CR3 is not a supported RAW format, but recently my Imerge Pro 5.0.8 has not been able to recognise my CR2 RAW files in my Photos Library. I was able to use my RAW files and in fact have two published projects with the Media file being CR2. But re-opening the old projects shows the RAW file unable to find even though I had not moved them.

P.S. I've been importing via the Import Media button. I'm unable to test by dragging RAW files onto canvas from another window cuz MacOS shrinks and converts it to JPEG. And yes, I have reinstalled the software already..

Comments

• DibsMcCallum
    DibsMcCallum Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 145 Staff

Hi there, I have also replied to your support ticket, but in case anybody else is experiencing the same issue.

For a workaround......

Please can you install Imerge version 3. 

https://fxhome.com/software-install/imerge-pro/2019-05-29

Then try to import an image from photos and it should ask for permission.
    If you allow permission you can then go back to version 5 and it should continue to work as expected.

Please let us know how you get on with this.