Can the good people at FXHome do this?

TodConanTodConan Website User Posts: 12
Hi! My name is Tod Conan. This is mainly just a question for FXHome, but anyway, Will you guys ever put 3d model import into Express? I just kinda need it for my next project. I would by hitfilm 2 ultimate but i am a poor person. I was lucky to get express because i got it on the free week. But anyway, if you are to do this, let me know

Thanks!
~~~Tod

Comments

• CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
    Hey if this doesn't work out for you I think doing video contests is a great way to gain funds... This summer I shall do film festivals, stuff like suprise films... Ect.

Also I assume you could do the 3d animation in blender record it and put it into hitfilm if you wanted. But I don't know for sure.
  • TodConanTodConan Website User Posts: 12
    @CalebK The thing is though, i probably won't be able to enter any film festivals mainly because of my age, 14. And also, i've tried using blender for this, but its just way to hard. Also, Hitfilm doing it looks way easier.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    No current plans to put 3D model import into Express, sorry! It's one of Ultimate's key features along with the particle sim, so is unlikely to happen.
  • KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,055 Staff
    edited May 2014
    Hi Tod - as Simon said there are no current plans to add 3D model import into HitFilm Express, and it's highly unlikely that we will do so in the future.
    We appreciate that many of our users have vastly different budgets and so we do try to cater to those as much as we can - hence the free Express giveaway. If you are looking to do a fairly short project and would like to use the 3D model import, perhaps you would like to try out the demo of HitFilm 2 Ultimate? The only limitation is a 30 second export - there is no watermark put on your project: www.hitfilm.com/ultimate/demo
    Hope this helps :)