[SOLVED] Video is black with audio only (URGENT)

zakbzakb Website User Posts: 3
edited February 25 in HitFilm

My issue is that when I exported my project, the resulting video is just a black screen with the audio. I've tried exporting it twice, both as "contents" and as "in to out area" with the whole area selected. Please if someone could help me figure this out I would very much appreciate it. If you have any questions about the settings of the project or anything just ask an I'll try my best to find it, thank you!

Comments

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,918 Enthusiast

HitFilm version?

Codec?

Dimensions?

Export codec?

PC specs?

Generic questions I know, but we need something to go on. 

• zakbzakb Website User Posts: 3
    edited February 22

Sorry for the late response,

1). Hitfilm Express(free version)

2).  Sorry but I don't what that is/how to find it?

3).  1920 x 1080

4).  H.264, 1920 x 1080 @ 30 fps (Although it says in the preset that it's H.264 compressed for 24/25/30 fps upload to Youtube)

5).  CPU: AMD FX 6300 6 core, 8 gb ram, the gpu is unknown but I know it's bad so if the issue is potentially gpu related then that'd probably it

Again sorry for the late response and lack of info, I appreciate you reaching out

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

Try a different video player, I noticed that sometimes windows media player has a problem playing my exports, especially if your using Win7. Try VLC player.

edited February 22

If you have already tried @Andy001z suggestion>

"2).  Sorry but I don't what that is/how to find it?"

Download https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfo and open your video file, then export as .txt and open that .txt, copy and paste the contents of that .txt here. 

"the gpu is unknown"

Your GPU isn't showing up in task manager or system info?

It'll show up if you type 

wmic path win32_videocontroller get name

and press Enter, in the Windows command prompt, e.g:

• zakbzakb Website User Posts: 3

Omg opening it in vlc media player fixed it, thank you guys so much I'm sorry for the trouble, thanks for everything!

Awesome. VLC is generally codec rich though I've never seen anything like it even with the default Windows player throughout several versions when just trying to playback H.264.

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador
This discussion has been closed.