Stabilizing Video using TRACKERS

MarcoPoloStudioMarcoPoloStudio Website User Posts: 3

Hi everyone, new user here with a ton of footage taken mostly by my Samsung Note 9 Phone, there's a lot of walking which means a lot of shaking I tried to do the double points tracker with stabilise option and the result was hilarious where the footage shrunk and rotated around and looked like it was on a boat in stormy seas.

any help is appreciated

Comments

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,929 Enthusiast

Please show us what you got, you could just show us a couple of seconds or a gif so that we have a better idea of your scene and the complexity of the shot. 

• MarcoPoloStudioMarcoPoloStudio Website User Posts: 3

Thanks for your reply, I'm trying to upload a screenshot of the program but it's not allowing me to, the link to the screen shot on my deviantart is

https://tinyurl.com/utvn49g

Appreciate your time and help :)

People will correct me if Im wrong, but a constant moving POV can't be tracked. The technique you're referring to is better suited for tracks where the object that you're tracking remains in frame, so that the zoom and scale is applied properly in the points.

Tracking often comes up here, so if not from me, you'll get expert help soon enough.

• MarcoPoloStudioMarcoPoloStudio Website User Posts: 3

I tried segmenting the video to much smaller portions like 3 seconds each as I only need this footage for about 6-10 seconds total before I transit to another footage, that screen shot was from the 3.5 seconds where there wasn't much motion on a Z plane and the tracking items where pretty much the same, I do understand your point, was hoping there's something I'm doing wrong in the settings, hopefully there will be some solution, thanks again and appreciate your time and knowledge

I understand. Do you own this video and if you do, are you willing to upload this file to a cloud host and link it for us?