Candle Light

Hello all,

We are currently working on a small, animated, project, where we will need a bunch of candle lights.

Is there a way to make a nice candle like effect in HitFilm Pro?

I tried importing some stock footage of a candle light, and it works fine. But we will need a lot of them in the same scene, so something like a particle rendered version would be nice for the variation.

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,179 Expert

@Marsupilami I think, if I recall correctly, Hitfilm Pro will let you use a video as a particle.  I don't know the mechanics of it but perhaps @Triem23 can fill you in if I am correct.

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,259 Staff

You can indeed create an animated texture for a particle effect. Import your candle and get it set up in one composite shot, then create a second composite shot and add in your particle effect, and the candle comp.

In the particle controls, at Emitters > Emitter > Particle Systems > Appearance you will set up the texture.

Texture Source: Layer
    Source Layer: select the candle comp
    Frame: Animated

Then set the Start Frame and Number of frames to whatever bit of the candle comp you want the particles to use.

• Hobbesvfx
    Hobbesvfx Posts: 66 Just Starting Out*

@Marsupilami In your case you can duplicate the candle light footage a few times on the timeline and start each layer of the same footage at a different time. So you will get a lot of variations.