Choppy video

MasterWuMasterWu Website User Posts: 5

I shot some video at 1080 @90 FPS. I put in the time line and changed the speed to 300%. the first second or two of the video is fine but after that it becomes really choppy. It's not watchable at this point. I exported it using the YouTube 1080 HD preset. I wondered if the viewer playback was just choppy and it would render correctly. I was wrong. The playback in the viewer is exactly how it is rendered. I read that some issues like this could be hardware. Here are my specs.

RAM: 48G

CPU:Xeon 5674 @3.07Ghz

Video: Nvidia GeForce GT710

I am just trying to make a simply time laps. My camera has a time laps setting but I would prefer not to have to change the settings. If shooting it in the time laps mode is the best way to get a time laps then I will re-shoot the video. Thanks!

Comments

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,562 Staff

@MasterWu what are the settings you have for your timeline? If i'm correct, 300% speed would be the equivalent of 270fps. HitFilm only supports up to 100 fps and due to the way it conforms this could be the cause of the problem.

• MasterWuMasterWu Website User Posts: 5

Are you talking about project settings? The project settings are 1920x1080 and frame rate is 90. I believe i said yes to the box that pops up that says your editor sequence settings are different from the clip. 

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,562 Staff

@MasterWu what happens if you play the footage without speeding it up? Also, how are you increasing the speed?

• MasterWuMasterWu Website User Posts: 5

if i just drop the clip into the time line and play it the play back in normal. I right click on the clip and select speed/duration then change the speed.