Best Monitor to edit photos under 300$?

Hi guys!. I hope, I'm being in the right place to post my question regarding monitor here.

I'm looking to buy at least a QHD monitor and 24 Inch screen size. And I'm willing to spend a maximum of 300 dollars or 250 euro (hence I live in Germany), I don't care if it's a used or new monitor.

So, my research has brought me to these options:

-Philips 276E8VJSB 4K, 27 Inch, 10-Bit Color depth

-BenQ PD2500Q QHD, 25 Inch, 8-Bit Color depth

-BenQ GW2765HT QHD, 24 Inch, 10-Bit Color depth

They have at least 99% sRGB coverage, as far as I know, some even more.

Do I need to give attention to delta E, sRGB coverage, and color depth?

If I do need to, then in which attribute I should pay attention to?

Which Monitor should I choose based on the options above?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,913 Enthusiast
    edited February 7

Hey,

Theyre not "true" 10 bit monitors at just $300. Im not saying that its not a lot of money, but thats a broadcast monitor spec baseline and although ditering 8 bit is a solid option, its not quite 10.

You should be paying attention to reviewers which go into details with proper measurements (not from Spyders or the like) and base your purchasing decision om those. Manufacturers love to market fake specs obtained from unrealistic use cases and niche lab testing.

Essentially what youll want here is a QHD, 24" and IPS panel type. Theres many types of IPS and i would go with LG's or Samsung's PLS. The AHVA among others are not quite there yet and theyre also primarily used in high refresh monitors.

Some things to get you started.

• jamesharry651123jamesharry651123 Website User Posts: 1
    edited February 10

Any Monitor which is minimum 2K display will work fine for editing photos. Here are some suggestions. You can either go with BenQ SW2700PT or you can go with LG 27UK850-W monitor. Here is lots of reviews. 

*REMOVED*

You can check it out. Here are some best 2K and 4K monitors under 500$ that can be used in photo editing. Cheers

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,561 Staff

@jamesharry651123 @stanleykell651 I'm pretty sure at least one of you is a bot. I've more or less found both of your posts word-for-word on another forum too, plus none of you had previous accounts here. I'm going to keep an eye on this page for dodgy links like the one I removed.

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,913 Enthusiast
    edited February 10

@TheBenNorris When I'm not browsing the forums on my phone I usually check posts in quoted Google searches to find bots. I may have wasted my time here. But hey, at least it was a useful response.

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,561 Staff
    edited February 10

@CNK whilst the reply is a word-for-word copy linking to an unknown site, the original poster has made "different" replies, yet uses a picture of what appears to be a different person on another forum.

Edit: seems like our poster has also been posting across countless forums this weekend, and the photo he uses on one is an image I know to be a stock image....closing this thread for now. Will return in a week to see if the bots need banning.