Splitting a Sphere

ParayahParayah Website User Posts: 9

I am trying to figure out the best way to animate splitting a sphere to reveal its interior contents (like the structure of a cell, planet interior).  I have hitfilm pro so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.!

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,168 Moderator

@Parayah I think to have a sphere object have an inside to reveal you will have to use a 3D modeling program like Blender to do this.  Unless you just want to have say, a 2D image of sphere all nice and tidy, then an image of the inside of the sphere showing the bits you want to showcase and simply fade from the sphere to the insideas long as they are aligned and the same size.  That can be done in Hitfilm easily.

• ParayahParayah Website User Posts: 9

@tddavis Thanks for the quick reply.  As usual I was way overthinking things.  I did as you suggested and it was quick, easy and turned out pretty well.

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,168 Moderator

@Parayah Glad you got it worked out.  I started playing with a sphere in Blender and trying to split it open but that was waaay more complicated than I thought it would be.  Glad the fading thing worked for you.