The app won't load in

adpoksadaadpoksada Website User Posts: 5

When i try to launch the free version of Hitfilm Express 14, it shows a white screen, and then closes. No error screen or anything, it just closes out of the app. If anyone understands how to fix this issue, please tell me.

Comments

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,913 Enthusiast

Does the screen turn white, or is it grey? If grey then that's the default theme now in HF 14 for newly registered users. It would help to know which when troubleshooting. 

What's your PC specs?

• adpoksadaadpoksada Website User Posts: 5

I have the  Radeon RX 580 Series as my GPU, Processors are AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core, and the screen is white for sure.

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,913 Enthusiast
    edited January 30

Definitely not a specs issue. I would open a support ticket because this is an issue they're still trying to find the root cause for. They think that it's a rare issue with multi monitor setups, disconnecting 1 monitor might make it at least run. I'm leaning towards a corrupt installation but see what they have to say once they can look at the issue in more detail.

https://fxhome.com/questions/submit

I only have 1 monitor connected. I don't think that's the problem, is there a way to send a screenshot so you can see what the screen at least looks like?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,219 Ambassador
    edited January 30

Only having one monitor connected actually might be the problem... Ugh, this came up last week, and had an annoyingly easy solution... The problem was Windows was trying to draw the screen on a non exisitant monitor and there's a key press to have Windows swap which monitor a program is being drawn on. That might be it. 

"Windows +P" 

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,558 Staff

@Triem23 I dont think that's the issue, as the user can see the screen appear and then it closes, which would not happen with the hidden monitor problem.

edited January 31

Yeah, that's not the problem, windows isn't picking up a second monitor. and I tried changing the settings, too, but it still just does the same thing. I will try reinstalling, I will tell you if it works.

It worked, sorry to waste your time, all I had to do was restart it. Thanks

• fakemiketgmfakemiketgm Website User Posts: 6

Hello,  This Did Not Fix My Issue, I Also Reset My PC About 3 Times, And All My Drivers Are Up To Date. 

edited April 12

Also, This Happened After I Saved A Project, if that helps

• triforcefxtriforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,059 Moderator

@fakemiketgm What is your issue, exactly? Please start a new thread detailing your problem instead of adding onto this one... chances are, its a different issue.

edited April 13

@triforcefx Its Literally The Same Thing That Happened To @adpoksada, I Cant Explain It Better.

Heres A Video: 

Nevermind, sorry to waste your time, I had to Reinstall The Program...

• YtLaxenYtLaxen Website User Posts: 10

I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR SOOOOO LONG NOW I CLICK HITFILM-WHITE SCREEN- CLOSED THIS IS  TRASH )=

Plsplspls help me )=

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,028 Ambassador

@YtLaxenWhat are your system specs? OS, CPU, GPU, RAM, and free hard drive space.

how do i se all of them?

My processor is intel(R) core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz this was my CPU

Installed ram memory 8 GB

MSI COMPUTER

SYSTEM TYPE 64 bit operativsystem, x64 based processor 

Radeon (TM) RX 480 GRAPHICS

VRAM 8171

I need to reinstall everytime when i open hitfilm if i want it to work

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,708 Ambassador

@YtLaxen You should be within spec.  I assume 64bit OS means Win 10?  Win7 is no longer supported.

Make sure your OS and GPU drivers are updated.  Do an uninstall.  Reboot.  Then re-install. 

• djdevriesdjdevries Website User Posts: 4
    edited May 17

I have the same problem. I clicked the logo on my desktop twice. It opens up to a white screen, then the program just turns off without any error messages at all. I have Hitfilm express 14, if that matters. My computer specs are as fallows:

Intel i5-8265U

Intel UHD graphics 620

8 Gb ddr4 Ram

512 Gb SSD

No dedicated GPU

Windows 10 Home

All of the drivers are up to date

The computer is the Lenovo Flex 14. It will only load up right after I install it and select open when done. It will open up, just not a second time after I click out of it.

• melvinsongmelvinsong Website User Posts: 2

"It will only load up right after I install it and select open when done. It will open up, just not a second time after I click out of it."

~ this sounds exactly like the same problem as mine! 

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,708 Ambassador

@djdevries Thank you for posting your system specs!   I'm afraid your rig is on the low end of the spectrum.  See HFE system requirements here.  From what I can tell, your integrated Intel UHD graphics 620 must share system ram for vram.  Run performance monitor and see if you are hitting the limit when you start up HF.

• rudzstylerudzstyle Website User Posts: 1

i got the same exact problem as above, when i open it it going  to white scren for a sec then it disappear i got 2 monior.. for temp fix i restart my pc and repair the installation. is there a way to permanently fix this? this happen just recently 16 mey 2020 to be exact. before that i didn't update the HFE for a while and working fine, after update to 14.3.9931.38452 its still the same goes white and vanish..

already use this apps for a year or two and buy some extra plugin, it sure help me alot.. please help before my patiance goes of and change to the other apps.

thank you before, really appreciate your time. and sorry for my bad english.

@rudzstyle Please create a new post stating your issue and list your system specs.  Tagging onto a lengthy thread that may or may not be related to your problem could go unnoticed.

When i open hitfilm it says Skward_guard )=

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,558 Staff

@YtLaxen I'm not sure what that means, I don't think your issue is the same as the one in the thread. Please make a new thread and provide as much information as possible, including your machine specs.

• djdevriesdjdevries Website User Posts: 4

I took a look at the performance monitor and it only spiked once to 50. I don"t exactly know what that means, I assume it is only using about 50% of the chip's processing power to try and open it. It definitely will run on this computer, I have done a few projects on it, It just wont open a second time after I close it.