48hr vfx challenge mysterious

Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador
edited July 13 in Show off

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,254 Ambassador

I like it. It's a few of the early frames that aren't working, but, overall, this is an effective simulation of a time-lapse decaying fruit. Very clever stacking of filters, masks and images. 

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,177 Moderator

@Andy001z Sadly, I can't see it without The Twitter :(

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

@Tddavis you should be able to just click on the link, no twitter account needed, it will show you in the browser. 

@Andy001z One of the daughters had used my Google acct to sign to her Twitter and it was defaulting to it with a wrong password and giving no other option.  Went into Google passwords and removed it and it let me see it without the prompt to change the password.  Looks good. Made with a series of photos? 

I've been saying I only made one stop motion animation when I took a class on FutureLearn but I actually did 2.  One was with a Lego Bulldozer set up and clay boulders and the other was a series of photos of one of the grand daughters supposedly ice skating.  I had forgotten that from live action pictures.

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador
    edited January 27

@tddavis No it's 2 photos with a stutter effect on top, set matte to get the look and a opacity to bring the decay into play. Plus a smoke effect, and a grade or two , some masks with a colour grade to give the appearing redfish mold look. 

@Andy001z Oh, that's very creative thinking to get the look then.

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,921 Enthusiast

Why are you not happy with this? It looks good and theres a clear decaying effect. I cant make something that cool yet so dont beat yourself up :)

Thanks @cnk, I had a vision and this was some of it.

Here is my mysterious 48hr entry

• feyiadebanjofeyiadebanjo Staff Administrator, Website User Posts: 30 Staff

I think your vision definitely came across, I've never seen Indiana Jones before but I knew that you were paying homage! 

Thanks @Feyiadebanjo you guessed right that was my inspiration. Funny thing I didn't realise was the day I realised the video to YouTube was also Harrison Fords birthday.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,254 Ambassador

Yeah, lookin good! 

@Triem23 Cheers, thought you might like it. Bit of a mad session to get this one done, think in total was about 4hrs from planning in my head. shooting the two videos (one take each) and then about 3hrs editing and VFX, SFX work until midnight on Sunday.  Its my first project using a LUT. 

One thing I wanted to do better was the cut between the first shot and the second, I needed to get closer, but not having a dolly and only a tripod I wanted to keep both shots fixed. Might (we will see if time allows) do a re-cut.

Andy

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,823 Ambassador
  • feyiadebanjofeyiadebanjo Staff Administrator, Website User Posts: 30 Staff

Andy001z ooh what a weird coincidence!