Audio becomes really quiet when imported into hitfilm express 13

MarcHansen2002MarcHansen2002 Website User Posts: 1

I have recorded some videos with audio and checked them to make sure they sound how they should but whenever I import them into hit film and preview it in the timeline the sound is about 100 times quieter, even after exporting it then it will still be quiet. The white audio level lines are as high as they can go on all audio sources too.

Comments

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,708 Ambassador

@MarcHansen I don't have HFE13 in front of me, but it might be that the Master volume was bumped. 

Check under the Audio layer on the time line and there should be another layer called Master.  Raise the line so it is at 0 db (at least that is what I see in HF14 Pro).  HFE13 could be different.   I could have sworn in past versions there was a Master volume setting located under File, Options - but not finding it now.

• monkster05monkster05 Website User Posts: 1
  • bo039rbo039r Website User Posts: 1

I have had the same problem, but it was not resolved when I adjusted the Master volume line (to as high as I could get it to move.)

My AVI files had audio (in mono, 22050 Hz, 352kbps) that was too loud if both the player and computer volumes were set to 100%, reasonably audible in the timeline, but after exporting were barely audible.

• hannahklephannahklep Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

@Stargazer54 YOU SIR (guessing sir by profile pic) are a gentleman and a scholar. I hope you find a $50 bill on the ground tomorrow. Thank you.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,708 Ambassador

@hannahklep Glad you found what you needed from the thread. Since this is getting long in the tooth, I'll close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.