Color Correction Tools

I recently (during Black Friday Sale) bought several addons including

• Color: Starter
  • Color: Correction
  • Color: Scopes

I seem to remember from a recent FXHome video that one of the colorist at FXHome is color blind.  Is there a tutorial on how to use these tools to CORRECT color, especially if using a color card in the film.

Comments

• DarrynGlassDarrynGlass Website User Posts: 49

I have seen tutorial that show a color wheel and where the colors fall on that wheel, and using them to adjust the colors so they match a color card, but that was in Premier.  I'd really like to see how to do that in HitFilm with the tools I have.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

Darryn I can't think of any specific Hitfilm tutorials for color correction using color cards. 

If you could post here a couple of the tutorials you saw in Premiere we can help you "translate" to Hitfilm.

Many tools and features , like Blend Modes, Scopes and Curves are software agnostic - they work the same way in everything from Hitfilm to Photoshop to Avid - and many others are "near-clones" where they do the same thing but might have a slightly different layout or labeling (color wheels as an example - Color Wheels in Hitfilm and Resolve are almost identical but label the controls differently).

So we should be able to get you up to speed. I'll tag @JavertValbarr to point Tom this way cuz I don't actually know Tom's tag on this forum. 

In the meantime, here's a tutorial on Hitfilm's Scopes. 

• DarrynGlassDarrynGlass Website User Posts: 49

This is the one I found that I really like.

Thanks for the links as well.