Swapping Media

dancerchrisdancerchris Website User Posts: 76 Just Starting Out
Is there a way to swap the media source for a Hitfilm project.  In other words say I reprocessed my intermediate file to a higher bit rate or want to swap a proxie, how would I go about doing that?

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    If you give the new file the same name, and place it in the same location as the old one, it should update on its own.  There isn't currently a way to replace one media file with another file using a different name.
  • rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    What myself and others do is to always put your media in it's own composite, and use that composite elsewhere rather than the media itself. This allows you to easily replace the media.
  • dancerchrisdancerchris Website User Posts: 76 Just Starting Out
    Another way is to close HF, rename the original media, and then open HF again.  It will tell you the media is offline and ask you to find the file which is fairly painless.  It would be nicer to have a media swap function on right click menu.
  • rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    edited April 2014
    Yes, I've used that method too. Comes in handy when working with proxies.  You can rename the directory, hiding all the proxy media. Once you've told it the location of one new file, it will find them all in the new directory.
    Works with a number of programs, including vegas.
    Also agree it would be nice if HF had a feature to support this. I'm pretty sure it's in the feature request thread.