[New Release] HitFilm Express 14.0

2»

Comments

• vasseurvasseur Website User Posts: 1
    can we pass to black like old version
  • TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester Posts: 1,479 Staff

@vasseur If you have an existing HitFilm license prior to a certain date, you are eligible to dark theme. If not, it is included whenever you purchase one of the fantastic pay what you want bundles: a portion of which goes to support charity.

• owletrocks1owletrocks1 Website User Posts: 1

Ive been using 2017 for a while, and now i had to reinstall and use the newest one. there seems to be no way to get dark theme without forking over money. relinked account, got updated key...

Its not a bug, its a feature!

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester Posts: 1,479 Staff

@owletrocks1 unfortunately Express 2017 is not the same product as the current version of HitFilm (6 - onwards used a different license) and so you do not qualify for the free copy of the dark theme without purchasing one of the heavily discounted bundles in the pay what you want system.

• createcreepercreatecreeper Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out
    edited April 5

I had hitfilm express 13 for a while now, but when I uninstalled and deactivated my code and installed the latest version (14.2) it's light mode...
    I really want to continue using hitfilm express but the light mode is really annoying... I've been using this account for a month (I've been using hitfilm for a few years though) and I don't know what to do.

Please help!

(sorry if im necroposting by the way, I don't know if that's a problem here)

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,024 Moderator

@createcreeper If you had 13 before you should have the option to switch to dark mode in options; providing you are using the same account email that you used on 13.  If not, then the activation sees your 14 as a new one and the only way to get the dark mode is with the $9 pay-what-you-want add-on that has it and a few other add-ons.  At least, that is the way I understand the new system. I don't think a couple days will be considered necroposting but I'm just a User :)

• esherlonesherlon Website User Posts: 1
    dont know where else to ask...
    I have the vfx starter and am unable to activate the "animated lazers" function... can anyone tell me (like exactly, even the obvious stuff) i have tried a bunch of different things, and have dragged the "animated lazers" effect all over the screen, argh! thanks
  • tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,024 Moderator
    edited April 13

@esherlon I had never played with this effect before, but mine was automatically showing.  You might check your view settings.  Some of them like fastest will turn off some effects which I didn't think about when I was making this video showing the effect set up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw9z4smrpjlog9t/Animated lazers.mp4?dl=0

The Viewer Playback setting are found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkwoxa4xyv5yn2z/Playback Settings.jpg?dl=0

Hope this helps you out.

This discussion has been closed.