VFX Fire Manipulation Help

ZachWalleserZachWalleser Website User Posts: 6
edited January 15 in Post-production techniques

Hi! I need some VFX advice for an effect that’s beyond my editing skills. I have a six minute clip where my actor is essentially speaking to a “burning bush.” The best comparison I can make is when Moses spoke to God through similar means in the book of Exodus. I want to haven bush constantly appear as if it were on fire throughout the clip, but I don’t want it to look super corny. Is there a smart way to approach this without having to cut off an arm or a leg to pay some else to help? I’ve looked for tutorials, but I haven’t found any that are helpful...

Comments

• triforcefxtriforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,060 Moderator

The easiest way to do this would probably be to find a fire asset (on a site such as Production Crate or ActionVFX) and play with the blend modes until you get something you like.

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,877 Ambassador

You should be able to use the built in bonfire effect, you can change it's look loads and with the right blend mode and maybe stack a couple on top it should look great.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,296 Ambassador

Pretty sure some of these tutorials are useful. 

Sure, these are all for older versions of Hitfilm, but nothing has changed since then. Every technique and hint here is still valid.