Hitfilm Pro for 30usd on Humble Bundle legit?

Its says on humble bundle here 

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/professional-filmmaking-tools-software

that for 30usd I will get Hitfilm Pro and a lot of other programs that sound too good to be true what's the catch? old version you cant possibly get the software for that price

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,319 Ambassador

Humble Bundle is a legitimate service, and the vendors who do things with them are doing it for charity. 

The only "catch" is the Hitfilm Pro in the bundle is a single computer license instead of a three computer license. 

• danilkp1234danilkp1234 Website User Posts: 78

@Triem23 wait, so I cant, have it on 3 computers at once but I can still move it from pc to pc right like you get a key you redeem on your account right?

• Ian_SAfcIan_SAfc Website User Posts: 34 Just Starting Out

I think you can move it from PC to PC, as long as you deactivate it on the original PC. 

• triforcefxtriforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,062 Moderator

@danilkp1234

You can keep it installed on each computer, but you will have to deactivate/activate every time you switch systems. If you commonly switch between a laptop and desktop, for instance, it may be a hassle to keep switching activations, and in this case, you might just want to buy 2 bundles and activate the other on a different account. Buying directly from the FXHome site allows you to have up to 3 computers activated at once.

• danilkp1234danilkp1234 Website User Posts: 78
    edited December 2019

@triforcefx Okay but its a redeemable codei would buy right?

• alaska_vfx_filmeralaska_vfx_filmer Website User Posts: 450 Enthusiast
    edited December 2019

Yep, totally legit, I have bought, registered, started, and exported with it. once you buy you get sent an email with a link to your purchase page, you will get a list of download links and software keys, copy the key, go to your fxhome account page and click "register product" select which product you're registering, paste code and hit 'activate', you should be good to go.