Can I delete in/out area on timeline?

TheNamesLump
TheNamesLump Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

I just want to preface this by saying I recognize that HFE is primarily used for film editing, however, I use HFE almost exclusively with transcoded gaming videos and multiple audio tracks.

I've been looking everywhere and I can't find any documentation for ripple deleting the in/out area in my timeline. It make would editing so much faster, and I'd love to know how to do it if it's even a functionality.  

I would use the trimmer tool to get the clips I want, however, I record with multiple audio tracks (which I separate through audacity, then import into HFE) that are synced with the video track, so I would have to use the same timestamp on the trimmer for 4 tracks every time.

I know I can alt-click with the slice tool, then use the select tool and ripple delete, but it's so inefficient compared to putting the out mark just before the clip you're going to use, then jumping to the previous edit and deleting that whole in-out area, so you wouldn't even have to touch the mouse.

If that's not possible, is there any way to add it or some workaround, like selecting everything at the playhead, that way you can slice selected objects/layers at that point, then move one frame back, use select at playhead, and delete?

I don't know if that's even possible to be coded in based on framework limitations or what have you, but if it is possible it would be a MASSIVE quality of life change.

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,034 Staff

@TheNamesLump the in/out area is solely used to dictate the in/out area of the timeline. Adding extra unrelated functionality to the in/out area would surely add unnecessary complexity to the feature.

Whilst I can see where you're coming from, using the slice tool across all tracks at the same place you would put your in/out markers then using your delete tool is roughly as efficient as setting the in-out markers.