Hitfilm 14 Export Issue (Alpha changing during export) [SOLVED]

2»

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,042 Staff

@Ieuanam the speed/duration seems like a separate issue that I've raised. We can't reproduce your issue but get a similar one instead.

Am I right in saying that when the smoke seems to change color it happens to be when some item behind the smoke ends? I think this could be the problem, as I don't believe the smoke is completely opaque? I could be wrong.

• Ieuanam
    Ieuanam Posts: 80 Just Starting Out*

@TheBenNorris , The speed/duration issue cannot be reproduced? Anyway, yes you are right in saying that when the smoke seems to change colour, it happens to be when some item is behind it but at the exact frame which it the next frame is shown, that's when the issue happens but only whilst exporting and after exporting. The next thing is that even with the intro, it happens the same at the very end of it where the exact frame the layer underneath starts, it glitches to be brighter likewise the explosion. However both of these do not show up until exporting in the preview and once exported. Pre render is fine and viewer is fine. The speed/duration issue i guess may have the same problem? as soon as the original speed of the layer ends, that's when the whole layer is cut to black yet somehow the audio is alright.

The files are nearly uploaded so you can be able to test with them.

• Ieuanam

Well, the files failed to upload... Ima do them one by one then I guess

• Ieuanam

@TheBenNorris , that was painful but I managed to finally upload one of the clips which I have sent to support

• Ieuanam

I'll just use 13

• Ieuanam

Opening this back up again -  

It is still here

• I have the same problem with HF14.1.9605.7202.

I use a nvidia GeForce GTX1070 on a Windows 10 (Version 1909) system.                                                                           Intel core i7-6800K CPU 3.40GHz 64GB RAM

In HF13 it's ok. But in HF14 I get that "flickering" as seen in the YouTube link.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,800 Ambassador

System specs look good, but are your GPU drivers updated?  After checking that, you may want to put in a support ticket.  They will want to know more about your footage and whether you transcoded to an intermediate such as Cineform or ProRes (which is recommended for editing)?

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,042 Staff

I'm still unsure what a lot of the issues are here. Apparently we have a known bug with transitions, but I don't believe that's what is happening here. We need the smallest possible project that replicates (both of) your issues, so we can easily dial in on what's going wrong.

Also, in response to your old videos, the Viewer does not show alpha the same way that the export does, and that is most likely causing a couple of the "issues" you are seeing - such as the explosion changing colour when the content behind it changes.

• Ieuanam

@drummer2409 , finally it is not just me who has this issue. It is the most annoying thing and @TheBenNorris , well how do we fix the alpha issue? Anyway, I think @drummer2409 should put his project file in since I work with gopro footage which.... 4GB  on a 8 minute recording session, that is way too big. Also if you have a fix Drummer, then please tell me and the whole community since we all need to know

• Ieuanam

@Stargazer54 everything is updated, yes, ticket is still open since 26th Nov. Transcoded to a what? How does one find out and how does one make sure it is transcoded? 

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,201 Expert

@leuanam If you haven't see this it explains a lot:

• Ieuanam

@tddavis ; 40 minutes, what part do you want me to watch?

• Ieuanam

And, I never had a problem with this in Hitfilm 13 or below as well as I can probably bring the same footage in and it will work perfectly

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,191 Power User
    edited December 2019

@leuanam as the creator of the video above my suggestion is to view on YouTube and read the description. There are time codes for various sections embedded in the description so you can skip around.

The first section is general information on different video formats (what to use and why), after that a section on using MEDIAINFO to check file information @Stargazer54 asked about (so watch that first). 

I'd say the first 10-15 minutes is what you want. Knowing the information there will mean Ben, Stargazer, Tddavis or myself can suggest doing XYZ and you don't say "ok, what's XYZ?" 

The last half is a quick overviews of several ways to transcode. Figured it was better to create one big video on the topic instead of a lot of "see these six other videos" links. ?

Note that HF 14 changed some export code, and at least one issue has been identified. As a wild stab, try opening the File>Options menu and turning off GPU acceleration for decode/rendering and try a test render. I'm gonna tag in @TheBenNorris here. If tuning off GPU rendering fixes the issue it might be related to the known bug, which, I think, is patched for the next update release. 

• Ieuanam

@Triem23 , right okay thank you, I will not go whats xyz

• Triem23

@leuanam re-read the end of my prior post. I just added another couple of paragraphs. It's a long shot, but it might be your solution. ?

Hope so, cuz it'll fix your render today, and you'll know the next update fixes it forever. 

• Ieuanam

@Triem23 yep, as Axel messaged me on the support ticket, surprisingly that did the trick so far BUT the next bug is still a thing which I was going to do another promo video for my friend's new airsoft repair shop which I will do some B-Roll, here is the next issue that still has not yet to be fixed, I may in fact start a new post on this one.

• Ieuanam

@drummer2409 , try turning off hardware decode in the render tab and see if it works.

• Triem23

@leuanam go ahead and start a new thread. Staff prefers one question/related topic per thread, and I defer to them. 

• Ieuanam

@Triem23 , Yeah, I do not typically want to flood the forums but hey, I guess it is needed

• Triem23

The logic is consistency. Maybe another user with a similar issue finds the thread. We start off talking about Alpha channels, suddenly the Speed effect, and it's "WTF?" time. 

• @leuanam and @Triem23 , thank you very much that did the trick! I hope it will be solved in a future update so that we can enable the HW decode again.

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,305 Expert

"Yeah, I do not typically want to flood the forums but hey, I guess it is needed"

You are adding a post to the forum either way. Basically the same burden (flood) if the post is a separate thread or in some pre-existing thread. The diff is that with a separate thread and a hopefully descriptive thread title people can easily find topics of interest and/or relevance.

Relevance should be very specific. Take exporting for example. There can numerous unrelated items that can occur with export problems. Dumping all export issues into a single thread would make the thread hard to follow. Specifics matter and is a good reason for separate threads for each issue.

• Triem23

@drummer2409 I think the bug is squished internally and will be fixed in the next update. 

@NormanPCN good points, and it reminded me to edit the thread title. 

• Ieuanam

@NormanPCN , I was just trying to be considerate but yeah, hopefully the bug is fixed for the next update but most importantly I think the speed one should be as hardware decoding will take a bit longer which is fine by me but that's good that it works for you too @drummer2409

This discussion has been closed.