Can I do 3D modelling in HitFilm Express 13?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Spaceship effect.

Comments

• can i do 3d modling on hitfilm expres 13.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,154 Expert

@marweav If you mean create 3D models in HItfilm then no.  You can import 3D into Hitfilm Pro (and I think Express now lets you import them but watermarks them as it's a Pro effect) from a download in OBJ, FBX (works best, I think) and 3DS file formats.  The texturing is a bit tricky though.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,554 Ambassador

@tddavis is correct.  You will have to either model the object yourself in a 3D program such as Blender or find pre-built models online.  HF also supports .lwo (Lightwave3D) format, btw.  

As to the pre-built models, you can find them for Free on the web or pay for them.  Here is a site as a starting point - https://all3dp.com/1/free-3d-models-download-best-sites-3d-archive-3d/

Keep in mind though, not all models you download are created equally.   Some have geometry errors that will cause flickers in your renders.  And as Terry said, texturing the objects and understanding how that works is not a super simple task.  My recommendation is to download Blender.  then look for some tutorials on the basics.  Build a cube and lean to add a texture, for example.   And give yourself some time to learn 3D.   The more you know, the better you will be able to deal with problems encountered with pre-built models.

This discussion has been closed.