Live with Sensei: Mike Miller (Triem23) - Sunday, Nov 10, 2019 at 3pm EST / Noon Pacific / 8pm GMT

13»

Comments

• NXVisualStudio
    NXVisualStudio Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 728 Ambassador
  • FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,104 Ambassador
    edited November 2019
  • DafterThings
    DafterThings Website User Posts: 977 Enthusiast

@filmsensei if you can send me a link as well. I have gmailed you.

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,591 Enthusiast
    edited November 2019

Curious how bandwidth is alocated with StreamYard. I noticed that the last Stream was very clear when you showed other (Mikes) screens...I can't recall but when I think you shared Franks screen it was almost "LOS" for split seconds. Not sure. I've watched some of Bill's streams and at times 4 people displayed seems pixelated. ?. Anyway...just curious how the app is managing bandwidth/versus 6 streams max...10 total (4 in the green room)

StreamYard - It is click and go though- easy peasy.

Now - what the H e double tooth picks am I going to be able to contribute - Q & A - Greg- whats your  best VFX trick --- "uh, well...I do like making a luma matte of my scene and using  (Sun) setup with Set Matte, the luma matte and a bunch of different flare effects ." - then I sit back totally humiliated and keep my mouth shut and learn from the master(s).

Get my drift J? ??? 

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,104 Ambassador

@GrayMotion I don't know how StreamYard works "under the hood."

As far as what you can contribute... PLENTY! You are amazing at lighting models, among many other skills in 3D workspaces. I hope you can make it... I would love for you to be there!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,933 Ambassador

One note for others... I chose to share my HItfilm window on Streamyard, NOT my monitor. This was so that my floated chat panel or other screen items weren't shown, but this is why pop-up menus weren't rendering to the stream (sorry about that).

So, don't make my mistake, share your screen, not your application window. For this Sat I'll hook up my XP-Pen 13.3 and just assign that as a second monitor so i can share a Hitfilm screen, but keep the rest of my windows to myself.

@GrayMotion like @tddavis you always undersell yourself.

We should probably start with the "how did you get into VFX/Hitfilm" question and go from there. Maybe we should come up with a quick question list and send them off to Jay so he's got some guidelines to steer us back to a "topic."

I'm actually glad @DafterThings (Tony) is in. Frank, Tony (NXVisual), Greg and I are all heavy 3D model guys, so having Dafter there will give us a nice alternate viewpoint from a stop motion dude.

• FilmSensei

@Triem23

@NXVisualStudio and @DafterThings and I went into the StreamYard platform so I could give them a tour before Saturday. While there, we played around with screen sharing. They could see my drop down menus. I was sharing the application window itself, not my whole screen. However, in the past, during previous live streams sharing in exactly the same way, my drop down menus have not been seen. So it's hard to say what the difference was. The only difference that I can think f was that one was being broadcast and one was not.

When speaking with the people involved with StreamYard about it, the response was as follows...

"When you share an application, it doesn’t usually show the menu. It only shares the window of that application. If you want to show the menus, you have to share the entire screen. That’s normal behavior."

That is what you said. But then I told them that in tests sharing the application has been known to show everything. Then they replied...

"I’m wondering if because it’s public, there’s something else that gets applied. I know some software utilizes HDCP to protect sharing."

and then further into the conversation talking about further investigation...

"Are you using an external monitor? Are they? [my guests] Do you have the same setup? That’s where I would start. The cables that are used to connect them will often apply the HDCP."

I watched Bill's Coast to Coast Drones stream last night. One of the guests was demonstrating color grading of drone footage in Final Cut Pro. Not only did his drop down menus not show, but his mouse cursor was way off from where it should have been. He was using two monitors, and on one monitor FCP was on, it was in the correct place, but on the other it was not.

Regarding questions... I am happy to make a list of questions to throw up for you guys to answer. We can also field questions from the chat room as well. Let me know what questions you would like, and I can make it happen!

Regarding the panel... this could be the greatest panel ever assembled! :) Seriously, I agree with you... everyone on the panel brings a valuable point of view. I am delighted to have you all!

• DafterThings
    DafterThings Website User Posts: 977 Enthusiast

@filmsensei Any reason for me not to advertise this to the stop motion community I am on?

• FilmSensei
  • FilmSensei

Here is the link for Saturday's upcoming live stream...

(This thread relates to the previous live steam with Mike only from last Sunday.)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,933 Ambassador

Side note. That teeny little UFO drone I whipped out... Turns out it does work. Operator error with a nearly-autonomous drone. The instructions say you toss it to launch it. Silly me, I was tossing horizontally, like a frisbee. You have to toss it UP, then it kicks in.

Pretty fun lil gizmo. Our housemate and I just tested it out in the living room.

Predictably the cats' reaction was somewhat like this.

https://femmolitical.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/wide-eye-cat.jpg

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,321 Ambassador

Congrats on bending technology to your will.   (I just about laughed my arse off at the cat!)

• Hictor
    Hictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 377 Enthusiast

I'm late to the party. 

@Triem23 This was a treat!

@FilmSensei Thank you for doing this. 

• Triem23
  • FilmSensei

@Hictor Did you see the Round Table Discussion with Triem, Tony Cee, Dafter Things, Spydurhank, and GrayMotion? That was really fun also!