A video journal of my life. Critiques on the shots and grade are welcomed! Thanks

Comments

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited April 2014
    Very nicely done. In terms of dollies/tracks and so forth, what did you use? Great smooth L to R & R to L shots!
  • jessecomptonjessecompton Website User Posts: 7
    Actually the smooth panning shots you're seeing are completely handheld. I literally just stabilize them in post. Some of them aren't noticeable which is amazing. But in a few, if you look really closely you can tell it's stabilized in post.
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    I never would have guessed!  Impressive.
  • KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,058 Staff
    I'm impressed those are handheld shots! Blimey - your camera must be either absurdly light or you have a steady hand and a great sense of balance. 
    I really like the video journal - it's very whimsical and dreamy. Looks like you had a great month :) I particularly like how you focus on the little things that normally people don't really concentrate on - e.g. looking at the water, portraiture or out of the window of a car. They would get tedious but you manage to edit them really well, just enough for you to appreciate them, but short enough to prevent them getting too lengthy.
    Nice work!
  • jessecomptonjessecompton Website User Posts: 7
    I'm impressed those are handheld shots! Blimey - your camera must be either absurdly light or you have a steady hand and a great sense of balance. 
    I really like the video journal - it's very whimsical and dreamy. Looks like you had a great month :) I particularly like how you focus on the little things that normally people don't really concentrate on - e.g. looking at the water, portraiture or out of the window of a car. They would get tedious but you manage to edit them really well, just enough for you to appreciate them, but short enough to prevent them getting too lengthy.
    Nice work!

Thank you! And yes, i have a little t3i and the lens for most of them has image stabilization on it, so that helped.There are a lot of nature shots since it's finally been getting nice out, ha.