MOV files

LuldaLulda Website User Posts: 1
edited September 2019 in Post-production techniques

Hi, this is my first expreience with HitFilm Express and with video cutting. I have a problem with .mov files. First, I couldnť open it at all, but I've installed QuickTime player and I can open .mov files now. But some files are OK and some others don't show the video part, there is only audio in my project.
Could you pleas give me an advice how to fix this?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

Hitfilm has native support for the most common video format which a MOV file container will have. This being AVC/H.264 video. Hitfilm does not need or use Quicktime for these files.

Your video files that result in audio only are probably in the HEVC/H.265 video format. Hitfilm does not support this format. I am not sure but I don't think the Quicktime system on Windows supports that either. Hence the result you get.

Other formats like motion jpeg, png sequences will need Quicktime to work in Hitfilm.

Some intermediates like Prores and Cineform in a MOV file will work in Hitfilm natively without the need for Quicktime.

To know the details of your problem file(s) we would need to get a full text report from the free MediaInfo utility program.