Environment maps positioning

EVOAHEVOAH Website User Posts: 29 Just Starting Out
edited September 2019 in Post-production techniques

Hey guys is there a way to position a 360 hdr so that a particular part is reflected in a model or is it a case of you get what your given. I'm working alot with model reflections and sometimes would like a particular reflection in a windscreen for example. 

Cheers

Rob

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

Can you give us some context for your setup? What sort of layer is the environment map being reflected onto, and which effect are you using to link the environment map to that layer?

• EVOAHEVOAH Website User Posts: 29 Just Starting Out

Hi Axel, so lets say i had a 3d model of a car and imported a 3d hdr of let's say a desert with a single tree in it. I use the 360 hdr as the environment map and once it's reflected in the car i car cannot seem to be able to rotate or adjust the positioning so for example the tree is reflected in a particular panel of the the car  (front and centre in the windshield/ windscreen)

Thanks

Rob

Update: i have seemed to find a (bit of a drag) way to do it which is to parent the camera to the car. Rotate the car until the detail of the Hdr is displayed where you want and then unparent the camera. Would be nice to just spin the hdr though. ?

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,720 Ambassador

@EVOAH Any way you can parent the HDR layer to a point and rotate the point instead?

No, just tried. Thanks for the suggestion though.