A problem with the color wheels

Cervier
Cervier Posts: 159 Just Starting Out*

I noticed somthing strange about the color wheels: if the center circle is pushed towards red, then the image turns red as expected. But if it's pushed towards blue, the image turns yellow, and if it's pushed towards green, the image gets mangenta-ish. It seems the wheels are flipped around a red-cyan axis.

color wheels, are vs. should be

Comments

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,377 Expert

I reproduce this in Hitfilm 13. Red <-> cyan are okay. For me Blue -> green, Yellow -> Magenta. Green -> blue, magenta -> yellow. I tested this on the modtone wheel.

Something interesting. The "S" slider shows the color we get in the adjustment.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,297 Power User

Yup, that's a glitch. I've already tagged Cedric today, so, how about, oh.... @FXHOMEBenNorris. I've never tagged Ben before. How exciting!

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,042 Staff

@Triem23, thanks for bringing this to my attention, sorry it took me a while to respond, still learning how the forum works.

@Cervier, this definitely does not appear to be the correct behaviour, and if you go into the individual sections of the controls (Highlights, midtones, shadows) and adjust the hue angle, you can see that the wheel control seems to rotate in the opposite direction. I'll raise this further with the rest of the team, thanks for spotting it.