HitFilm Express project not opening...

When I select the .hfp file, HitFilmExpress 12 displays the "Loading Media" progress bar which loads all the way up... but none of the trimmer/timeline displays appear.  It just stays on the default screen with the "How To" videos.  I don't receive any error messages or popups of any kind.  I AM able to load other .hfp files... but my latest project won't load.  I've restarted HitFilm and my computer multiple times, and even updated my Graphics Card drivers.  If I go to the Export screen, duplicate my last export of this project, and re-export, it seems to export it ok.  I have not edited the .hfp file nor have I deleted/renamed any of the media used in my project.  Is there a way to view a debug log?

I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 730, Intel I7, Windows 10-64bit, with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card.  16 GB memory and a SSD disk.

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff

What happens when you try to switch to the Edit screen after the project loads? If the project was saved while the Home screen was visible, then it will load to the home screen. HitFilm is always going to reload the project using the same layout that it was saved with. It sounds to me like you saved from the Home screen, and just need to switch to the Edit screen to work on the project.