To save as a file when you work on new project with hitfilm 2ultimate

J.A.A.
J.A.A. Website User Posts: 49
Hi guys,
when you work on your project , let say i work on 3d models or 3d effcts can you save it as a file on your folder that you 
can use them later with your new project again and again not to start all over?
if there is any tutorial about this appreciate your help.

Comments

• J.A.A.
    edited March 2014
    Thank for your reply But I have seen a tutorial that you don't need to save it as project you make a folder save it as a file that you can use it and ad them on any of any of your new or old projects ,I just can't find that tutorial.
  • J.A.A.
    edited March 2014

Save it as a project (Make sure it is inside a composite shot) then just import as a composite shot.
    You can save composite shots direct, however if your shot has composite shots embedded, then it will not save as a composite shot (embedded composites not allowed, no idea why), but will still save as a normal project which can be imported as a composite shot.
    Thanks for your help.
  • rgbii
    rgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    But I have seen a tutorial that you don't need to save it as project  you make a folder save it as a file that you can use it and ad them on any of any of your new or old projects ,I just can't find that tutorial.
    Thanks

It sounds like you are talking about Hitfilms new feature to save a composite that you can later load into other projects.
    Not sure of a tutorial, but here's a manual page on it.
    http://hitfilm.com/reference-manual#exporting_composite_shots.htm?zoom_highlightsub=save%2Bcomposite

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,601 Ambassador
    Save it as a project (Make sure it is inside a composite shot) then just import as a composite shot.
    You can save composite shots direct, however if your shot has composite shots embedded, then it will not save as a composite shot (embedded composites not allowed, no idea why), but will still save as a normal project which can be imported as a composite shot.

Holy Heck, I knew you could export composite shots, but I had no clue you could import an entire project as a composite shot! Thanks, Win! That's a huge time saver! I'd been opening multiple instances of Hitfilm to copy/paste assets between them!