Ideas For Basic Video Editing Features in HitFilm

acberger
acberger Website User Posts: 38
One of the big appeals in HitFilm is the ability to have your special fx shots directly in with your normals shots all in the same project and timeline with your normal shots. Since this is a big selling point I would like to make a few suggestions of feature to add to the normal video editing part of HitFilm to maximize organization and efficiency because if the normal video editing features are not good then there isn't much of a reason to include them within the program. I'm not saying the editor isn't good, I just have a few suggestions that could make it much better and make HitFilm even better. So here are a few suggestion

1. The ability to alter the speed of clips as well as the ability to reverse the motion of a clip.
2. The addition of a few more controls on audio would also be appreciated as audio would not have to always be ripped and then modified in another program and re imported into HitFilm.
I seem to have just had a brain shutdown and can't think of the other features I was thinking of right now, but once I remember I'll reply to this post with the ideas. Also would it be possible to make the key shortcut to advance one frame a single key instead of ctrl+ left or right arrow? When doing extensive frame by frame work with things such as lightsabers, it would be much easier if one could simply hit one button instead of two. Not a big complaint but just a little suggestion.
P.S. I think it's extremely neat how the HitFilm team is willing to answer questions, listen to feedback, and give out technical advice to the entire HitFilm community across youtube, facebook, and the HitFilm forums. It is greatly appreciated, and I love HitFilm. Thanks!

Comments

• acberger
    acberger Website User Posts: 38
    Also, I think it would be cool if HitFilm.com would add a preset library with the users uploading custom effects like Fxhome.com has
  • HitFilmer33657
    HitFilmer33657 Website User Posts: 11
    Not able to burn a dvd or blu-ray from the timeline is a pain. Also i would like to see more done with the title option maybe to give bevals and diferent textures onto fonts and some animation presets
  • SaiTurtlesninjaNX
    SaiTurtlesninjaNX Website User Posts: 76
    When is that preset library going to be up?
  • Grisby
    Grisby Website User Posts: 299 Just Starting Out
    The Possibility to burn a DVD from the Timeline is most of the Time the Sign of a NON-professional Editing-Software...
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. A lot of what you are suggesting is right in line with plans we had for future versions of the software, so its good to hear that we are roughly on the same page, and that a lot of the features we would like to add are the same as the features you would like to see. Keep the ideas coming, though in the future, if you can use the Wishlists and Suggestions thread at the top of the forum, it will help keep them all in one place.
  • Emma
    Emma Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 79 Staff

Also would it be possible to make the key shortcut to advance one frame a single key instead of ctrl+ left or right arrow? When doing extensive frame by frame work with things such as lightsabers, it would be much easier if one could simply hit one button instead of two.
    Thought you might find it useful to know that this functionality already exists - the shortcuts you're looking for to move forwards and backwards by a single frame are the ',' and '.' keys. On an English keyboard, these keys have chevrons ('<' and '>') above them, which makes things a little easier to remember.
    You can find a full list of keyboard shortcuts for HitFilm here: http://hitfilm.com/reference-manual/#keyboard_shortcuts.htm