Movie stop start forward back...

Tophe
Tophe Posts: 24
edited March 2014 in Post-production techniques
Hello :)
I would know how to this ? Same in the first 30 second of this movie : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=187oF0LI5QQ
Maybe my subject is not correct but i dont know call  this ^^
How do for go to a frame, stop to a frame a moment and good slow motion ? directly from hitfilm ?
thanks to all :)

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    First, make sure you film the footage in slow motion, with a high framerate camera.  On a budget, the closest you'll be able to come is probably shooting at 60 frames per second and playing it back at 24.  Then, chop out chunks of video where you want to jump cut.
    "Jump cut" is the term for a cut where the timing in the video footage changes, but the camera angle does not.
  • Tophe
    thanks for your response. :)
    How do chop out with hitfilm directly ?
  • AxelWilkinson
    With the Slice tool.  Slice on either end of the bit you want to remove, then select and delete it.  There are lots of other ways to achieve the same result, but that is one simple way, if you are still getting familiar with the editing tools.
  • Tophe
    edited March 2014
    woo i need to slice all frame that i want ? No plugin to do this, for example i indicate number of frame or group of frame ?
    And for follow the rythm of music, i have seen on AAE, with layer ?

Can i automate the cut every 10 frames for example on hitfilm ?
  • AxelWilkinson
    You can use the Stutter effect to get similar results, but its honestly so fast and simple to create the edit shown in that video with the slice tool, that I think using the effect would be slower.
  • Tophe
    edited March 2014
    thanks for your response i will try :)
    Ho yes good stutter for this :) very thanks :)
  • Tophe
    How do for stop an image on x time with cut ?
    Image A for 1 sec for example.