The Sculpter: Ahmed Ghanim

Hictor
Hictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 342 Enthusiast
edited August 2019 in Show off

I'm feeling a tad shameful, considering that the title of the thread says "HITFILM Gallery" but considering that the subheading says "Show the community what you've been working on" .  . .

This is my latest work on Imerge Pro from a recent shoot!

A quick video tutorial on how this was done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJh2W7yH4LI

Comments

• DafterThings
    DafterThings Website User Posts: 927 Enthusiast
    edited July 2019

It looks great but who said you could superimpose somebody else's head on my body? 

I don't mind seeing what Imerge can do. It'd be great to know what you did within Imerge.

• Hictor
    Hictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 342 Enthusiast

@DafterThings I HAVE BEEN  DISCOVERED!

You got it. 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,984 Ambassador

Well, there's not an "Imerge Gallery" up yet, so this is as good a place as any.

Nice shot. I'm always down for a black and white image with harsh, high-key lighting. You've got a good looking guy there.

@OliThompson suggest just removing the work "Hitfilm" from this subforum, so it's just the "User Gallery?" That should cover Hitfilm and Imerge, right? And it's easier than creating a new subforum.

• Hictor

@OliThompson What the man up there said!

• Hictor
  • tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,547 Moderator

@Hictor Hey, thanks for detailing your workthrough.  I've only seen the one recent tutorial FxHome did for Imerge and haven't got nearly as comfortable in it yet.  I still use Hitfilm & GIMP for my photo editing especially since my old computer with PS 5 died a while back but I want to switch to Imerge exclusive soon.  This will help get me familiar with it more.

• Hictor

@Tddavis

I honestly have no issue attempting a comprehensive list.

The problem is, conversation about Imerge Pro in the forums is almost non-existent. So it's really tough to decide if this software is actually so easy that people can get the gist of it in a few tutorials or if there's a genuine "Uh. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this to begin with or why I should even bother"

• DafterThings
    DafterThings Website User Posts: 927 Enthusiast

Thanks for doing this. I think I was watching the wrong panel for a while but the clarity effect seemed to make a massive difference. Is that right or have I not followed it correctly?

• Hictor

@DafterThings

Maybe I should have scaled the size of the clarity effect for you to see. I stacked up TWO clarity effects, though that may have been an overkill. I think you could accomplish it with only one, as long as you crank the slider all the way up.

Clarity is essentially an effect that REALLY makes your midtones stand out. Details like hair, muscle tone & edges will go considerably sharp That being said, it's not the same as Sharpen.

After the clarity, I added a High Pass Sharpen effect which is more of an overall sharpening. If you toggle  "View High Pass", it'll show how what areas its effecting. 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,984 Ambassador

Hictor, sanity check me here. I had trouble getting to grips with Imerge for a while and only recently realized that Imerge is more like Hitfilm in workflow than  most photo editing software. Nothing is destructive, it's all sidechain in the pipeline. Like a video compositor for stills.

• Hictor
    edited August 2019

@Triem23

Correct.

The main genius behind is also the fact that its rotoscope based. I can't tell you how many effects I pulled off just rotoscoping exposure pro on its own. 

Its' essentially a software designed to make the Undo button pointless. You CANNOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ruin any images until you hit that export button.

You know what? I'll do a thorough comparison video betweeen it and photoshop/affinity.

It's decided.

• Triem23

And the fact you can stick multiple pictures into a layer and swap em out it so helpful for variations and batching! 

• Hictor
    edited August 2019

@Triem23

I'll be honest. Joshua Davies really undersold the software in his initial video when he called it photoshop/lightroom hybrid.

You cannot possibly compare the two. If lightroom users actually a get a hold of this software when it's at a point where you can actually denoise rather then go through hoops, it'll render the famed Adobe product pointless.

This is a heavily  under-marketed image editing solution. (And I'm saying this with love. I know FXhome is severely overtasked with a handful of talented sincere staff and what they're doing is already spectacular)

I would dedicate an entire website for it. I would hire a freakin marketing agency for it if I have to. 

It's a gem being buried by another software that is unfortunately taking all the spotlight.

• Hictor
    edited August 2019

Also, ADD THE FACT THAT ITS AMAZING JUST FOR COMPOSTIING RANDOM IMAGES ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.

Why isn't Fxhome running a speedart compositing competition? This software is insane!

I'm a NOVICE at this stuff. Look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDcsE7gLrGY&list=PL17Z8nzzv0aEHaupqBPq5XI1uWCAsAEvb

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,547 Moderator

@Hictor Nice!  That was the thing that really caught my attention in that recent FxHome tutorial...all the layers combining so nicely.