Resolutions higher than 1080p possible with the latest version of EXPRESS?

SchultiSchulti Website User Posts: 2

Hi

I´m confused about this, because on the fetures page on the HF express site there is no waord about resolition at all. So:

Can i import and export footage with 1440p or 4k?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

This will depend on your GPU. Hitfilm Express will handle projects up to 4K, IF your GPU is up to the task.

The features page for Hitfilm Express does cover this, down in the section on hardware requirements. From that page:

"Video memory 1 GB minimum (2GB or more required for 4K UHD.)"

So, if your GPU has 2GB or more of video memory, then you can work in 4K in HFX. If you have only 1GB of GPU VRAM you will be limited to 1080p

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,190 Staff
    edited July 2019

There is no restriction on import in Express. You will however be limited to 4k projects, therefore 4k export. To export at resolutions above 4k, you will need to have Pro.

In version 12 and below, the maximum project size was 3840 x 2160 (ie 4k UHD) but from version 13 (not out yet as of writing this), 4096 x 2160 (ie 4k DCI) will be the new maximum size.

Ah, and all this is depending on your GPU being powerful enough as @Triem23 said

Hope this helps :)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

@CedricBonnier I will say that the seemingly minor switch from UHD to DCI resolution will be one of those little things that make users happy. :-) Good to know!

• SchultiSchulti Website User Posts: 2

Alright, thanks for the infos! :)

This discussion has been closed.