Problem submitting Voucher

mikeb
mikeb Website User Posts: 31
Hello.. I had an issue trying to submit my purchase to the online store, and using my voucher for being an existing FXHome video product owner.. Apparently i don't use this particular bank card online enough, so my financial instituion automatically put a block on the transaction..
I did not know this until after repeatedly trying to submit the card info on the BUY portion of the Hitfilm website, and just receiving errors that the "card was declined.. check to see if you entered your information correctly, or use another card.."
Anyway, thinking maybe i was having pc/ browser issues, i tried to re-pay using PayPal.. The HitFilm side of things went through OK, but then when i was transferred to PayPal, the transaction did not go through.. I'm assuming that is because i have the same bank card linked to the account.. Again, i wasn't aware this was the issue until later when calling my bank..
So, after i verified with the bank that this purchase was legit, they lifted the block.. But when i went back to the HitFilm website and tried to purchase -- it came back and said the voucher "had already been used".. Arrgghh!! Not sure what to do, although i suppose contacting HitFilm customer service might be in order.. (but darn, it's the weekend of course..) :-(
I'm just anxious to be able to get exporting some clips, and not sure if the HitFilm staff can advise how to retrieve my voucher so i can resubmit the purchase?? Anxiously awaiting any feedback..
Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    Yeah, that is definitely something that the Sales team will have to take care of, once they are back in the office tomorrow. You definitely want to submit a support ticket, so it is waiting for them when they get in, and they can sort you out.
  • mikeb
    Thank you much Axel for the reply and the direction.. I have submitted a ticket (and am anxiously refreshing the screen to see if/ when they pick it up).. I know the UK is approximately 8 hours ahead of my time zone, so i'm hoping for some good news soon.. At least i have to work tomorrow so my mind can be occupied on something else unlike it was today.. this issue has made for a long weekend.. impatient, i know.. ha ha.. :-)
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    Heh, yeah, I know how slow time can go when you are waiting for something. As it is, it will still be right about 5 hours from the time I post this response until they are in the office, so you might want to try find a distraction for a while...
  • mikeb
    Wondering if Axel or any of the HITFILM staff can advise when one should typically expect to be contacted back..? I received what said was an automated or system generated email acknolwedging receipt of a ticket/ question, but nothing since then.. Still refreshing my screen.. :-(
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Hey Mike! Sorry about the delayed reaction. We've now reset your voucher code, so you should be able to use it again. :)
  • mikeb
    Thanks you Simon for resetting the voucher.. i was able to successfully submit the purchase, and am now official.. Now onto the fun stuff!!
  • EstevezHUN
    EstevezHUN Website User Posts: 84
    I also had a problem, I sent message to the sales dept.
    Now my issue is at customer services department.
    I just want to say to others, maybe the customer services is to be contacted regarding this.
    Now, I'm waiting patiently for reply 2 other days ;)

( My problem is about ... when purchasing the voucher setting disappeared, my bank account charged with the full price. Watch out your settings on purchasing, watch the final summary, too!)
  • Ady
    Ady Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,469 Staff
    [quote name='Estevez (HUN)' timestamp='1313137880' post='3995']
    I also had a problem, I sent message to the sales dept.
    Now my issue is at customer services department.
    I just want to say to others, maybe the customer services is to be contacted regarding this.
    Now, I'm waiting patiently for reply 2 other days ;)

( My problem is about ... when purchasing the voucher setting disappeared, my bank account charged with the full price. Watch out your settings on purchasing, watch the final summary, too!)
    [/quote]
    Hi Estevez,
    Somebody will be in contact with you today. They are looking into it as I type.
    Thanks for your patience
    Ady
  • EstevezHUN
    Ady, thank you very much! No complain :)
  • mikeb
    Well, i did find the support on this one a little bit strange.. i just checked on the status of the ticket i submitted on 7/30, and it says it is still sitting with "Customer Servies".. But, on 8/4 Simon had my voucher reset, and then i could move forward with a purchase. So, i actually haven't pursued the ticket i submitted since it was already resolved, seemingly outside of the ticket submission process..
    I know the support structure is probably new and all -- so i understand there will be delays.. But i'm hoping all of the kinks get worked out so the users understand where the best place is to submit questions seeking help..
    Hang in there Estevez (HUN), the Hitfilm staff will get it sorted out soon.. I'm sure of it.. :-)
  • SimonKJones
    The tech support forum is for users to help each other out. If you want official support from use, you need to use the support ticket system. Although we have of course also been monitoring the support forums since launch as it's an unusual period in the software's lifetime.
  • EstevezHUN
    Dear Simon,
    of course I and we usually use the support tools, ticketing and etc, but when we have no reply for days regarding an issue, we have to do something. ok, we have 2 weeks till the deadline of the voucher, so no big problem yet.
  • SimonKJones
    edited August 2011
    Have you still not heard back from anybody, Estevez? I'll look into it and see what's happened.
    Edit: Your ticket is being replied to right now. :) Sorry about the wait, we had a slight glitch in the support system which resulted in a few tickets not being seen as quickly as usual.