HitFilm 13

pinthenetpinthenet Website User Posts: 150 Just Starting Out

As there is now a first video of 13's Tracking features, and a mention of a release in July, are there any more details that can be shared, incl what will be PRO-only?

Comments

• JavertValbarrJavertValbarr Staff Administrator, Website User Posts: 297 Staff
  • tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,182 Moderator

OMG!  Lock layers!  I am practically drooling to get my hands on that feature, but all the others look so cool too. Come on July...

• pinthenetpinthenet Website User Posts: 150 Just Starting Out

Thanks for the pointer Javert. This suggests that only Pro 13 will have the new features. Will any be available as addons for HFE?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,286 Ambassador

@pinthenet camera tracker is a future add-on. No date or price set yet (Javert just told me that on YouTube). Lock layers, editor masking and 4k 60p output should all be Express and Pro. New effects are anyone's guess. Ae plug ins will be Pro-only. 

• pinthenetpinthenet Website User Posts: 150 Just Starting Out

OK, looking forward to the release notes & release.

• FarscapeFarscape Website User Posts: 90

As I already have several of the Action VFX effects, I wonder if there is a listing of what is included in their sampler bonus pack.

• sbmediaproduktionsbmediaproduktion Website User Posts: 14 Just Starting Out

All information about Hitfilm 13 is gone on the website and Hitfilm 13 teaser on Yotube is no longer available. Will not Hitfilm 13 be released this month?

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,947 Enthusiast

"Will not Hitfilm 13 be released this month?"

That is what they have said. Still a week and a half remaining in the month.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,286 Ambassador

@NormanPCN a media is correct, the HF 13 info is off the page. It does imply potential delay. 

Nothing has been officially announced regarding a release delay. It would require someone with a STAFF badge to give a definitive answer. 

• MaxDaiMaxDai Website User Posts: 3

i'm sorry to bother but Triem23 said "Ae plug ins will be Pro-only.", does that mean that you are able to install Afterefects plugins in Hitfilm Pro [13] ?

@MaxDai some, not all Ae plug ins will be Hitfilm compatible. Those Ae plug ins will be adapted for Hitfilm. Which ones, I can't tell you. Forum mods aren't FXHOME Staff, but are user volunteers  so we don't know which plug ins will work either. 

• MaxDaiMaxDai Website User Posts: 3

@Triem23Thank you for your response!This is awesome!

• harpandloreharpandlore Website User Posts: 4

I have my finger on the button to buy Pro but don't want to till the release of 13 since there is a 30 day time limit on upgrading.  Any news?

@harpandlore Actually, if you were to go PRO you have a year of upgrades from that date unless the business model has changed and I missed the announcement.  So, if say, Hitfilm 14 to 20 comes out within a year of your purchasing & activating PRO you would get that upgrade as well

I have cited the The FX Home site below, from their FAQ on qualifying for free upgrades (found here: https://fxhome.com/faqs/view/70 ). If I understand it correctly, it means if you buy a product, you can get updates for it for 12 months.  But if a new product comes out after the first 30 days of activation, you cannot get the new version, only updates for your current version. So if I buy Hitfilm Pro 12 now, and the release of 13 comes out in a a week, I could get it as a free upgrade, but if it was delayed and wasn't released til Sept, I would not qualify to get it.  Did I misunderstand?

Do I qualify for a free upgrade to the new product?

As we always do with new releases, if you registered your software within 30 days prior to the release of a new version, you’ll automatically get a free upgrade. Even if you try to buy the new version, the online store will let you know that you are eligible for the free upgrade. 

If you are outside the 30 day window from the launch date, you do not qualify for the free upgrade. 

@harpandlore I think that FAQ may be out-of-date; I'm not certain, so please wait for someone from staff like @JavertValbar or @JoshDavies or master Moderator @Triem23 to chime in here, but I think that doesn't pertain.  Hitfilm 13 won't strictly be called a new product it will be an update or upgrade of the existing HF 12.3 under the purchase model that started a while back with Hitfilm 6, but , as I say, wait for one of those I linked to confirm

@tddavis I waa just gonna yag @KirstieT. I agree, that sounds like something no longer applicable. 

@harpandlore it looks like that text is from before Hitfilm began its current purchase model. 

Now, you get ALL updates for the next 365 days, including Hitfilm 13. Probably 14. 

@Triem23 Thanks for taking a look.  I was just trying to check tags out to be sure I got Staff right :)  A directory of tags would be cool to have but low priority.

I found this FAQ with a very different policy. I guess this is the more updated one.

https://fxhome.com/faqs/view/86

When does the 12 month renewal begin?

When you purchase a license for any of our Pro products, you can immediately download the current version of the software, and you will receive permanent access to all updates for the software released within the following 365 days after your purchase. 

For example, if you purchase on April 8, 2019, then you get immediate access to all updates released until April 8, 2020. After that, you no longer receive updates, but you retain permanent access to the last version released before April 8, 2020.

You can purchase a renewal for your license, to recieve another 12 months of updates. If you renew during an existing update period, the renewal will begin the day that your existing update period ends. If you renew after your update period has expired, then the renewal begins on the day you purchase.

For example, if you purchase your license on April 8, 2019, then purchase a renewal one month later, on May 8 2019, the renewal period will begin on April 8 2020 and extent until April 8, 2021.

If you purchase your license on April 8, 2019, then wait 18 months to purchase a renewal, on October 8, 2020, then the renewal period will begin on October 8, 2020 and extend to October 8, 2021.

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    edited July 2019

@Harpandlore - @tddavis and @Triem23 are correct, and the FAQ, in this case, is wrong. It was overlooked when we changed our licensing, and never got updated, sorry about that. I will fix that FAQ today.

If you purchase HitFilm now, you get full and permanent access to every update or version released within 365 days of your purchase. After that, you maintain permanent access to the software you downloaded during that period, so you can continue using it forever.  Or, you can purchase another 12 months of updates at any time.

Thank you, AxelWilkinson. 

• sbmediaproduktionsbmediaproduktion Website User Posts: 14 Just Starting Out

JavertValbarr ; Why did you remove the information about Hitfilm 13. Any problem?