Lagging & momentary freezing

DCBOutdoors2DCBOutdoors2 Website User Posts: 1

Good afternoon everyone, I am looking for help,  recently hitfilm express how I started wagging whenever I insert a media clip and will momentarily freeze. I can’t really edit film  and I have a lot of projects coming up for my YouTube channel. When I first got hitflim  Express and it worked great and now I am continually having this problem ?  I thought maybe I had too much memory on my laptop so I put a ton of pictures and clips on a next ternal hard drive, I restarted my computer hoping this would fix the problem and it did not. The next step I took was uninstalling and reinstalling the program and you still did not fix the issue. I don’t know a whole lot about computers but I am learning, could someone please help me out on this issue. I restarted my computer hoping this would fix the problem and it did not. The next step I took was uninstalling and reinstalling the program and you still did not fix the issue. I don’t know a whole lot about computers but I am learning, could someone please help me out on this issue 

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,304 Ambassador

Can you try to determine your PC specs? CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and Storage? Try to determine if your GPU needs driver updates (There's a FAQ on this: https://fxhome.com/faqs/view/10 )

Hitfilm 12.3 raised the minimum system specs for the first time since Hitfilm 4. My initial guess is you'll either have obsolete drivers (which can cause issues), now under-spec hardware, or both. It's likely you'll need to revert to an earlier version of the software.