anyone know how to make a paint splatter effect in express or if its possible

EpicsaurusEpicsaurus Website User Posts: 31 Just Starting Out

basically, I want to make one of those fancy paint splatter effects for an intro, anyone got the basic idea on how I would go across making that?

Comments

• DataDesignDataDesign Website User Posts: 440 Enthusiast

Basic Idea: download some free blood spatter fx from Footage Crate. Change the color to different paint colors. Easy Peasy.

I have no idea if it will do what you want, but you asked for ideas. Hope this helps.

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,186 Moderator

@Epicsaurus I did a search on youtube but only turned up some ink bleed tutorials.  Not really sure the look of splatter you are talking but there was also a making blood splatter one that might work for you.

Myself, I would go the Production Crate or other stock footage site route Data Design mentions.  The fill effect should let you adjust color to suit.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,304 Ambassador

We'll keep this simple. Hitfilm doesn't have a "Paint Splat" effect. The closest is Blood Splatter  which can be turned to make a fast splat.

Otherwise, as @DataDesign and @tddavis made clear this is the type of thing where you just get stock material (video/stills) and layer it in.

From there, you have a huge array of possible tools to recolor, resize, retime and layer elements. The tutorials linked will show several. 

• EpicsaurusEpicsaurus Website User Posts: 31 Just Starting Out

@Triem23 thanks for the help. I took your advice and it worked almost completely as I had imagined (the blood splat)

https://streamable.com/yq0au 

the next step is to get money and pay for the addon xd

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,304 Ambassador

Fortunately $10 is a cheap price and you get 3D extrusion, too, which is great for making 3D text!