How to match white balance between 2 shots? (same gear, same frame)

theKtheK Website User Posts: 46 Just Starting Out

Hey guys,
I got some footage of an interview, the first part was mistakenly not white-balance corrected within the camera settings.
How can I exact-match it to the second part (which was corrected)?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s6IBQJQlCXqf7x4z207jH5av58YMey__
left is before, right is after correction.
I've tried to mess around with the white balance effect but it doesn't give me an exact match, some of the tint changes etc..
Thank you!

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

I'd think the grading transfer effect should do it nicely.  Add it to the shot that needs fixing, and select the other shot as the source.

• DafterThingsDafterThings Website User Posts: 883 Enthusiast

@AxelWilkinson I had exactly the same need. I fudged it by making a cut and hoping nobody would notice. However, I have just tried Grading Transfer and it worked really well for me. Many thanks and hope it helps @theK

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,304 Ambassador

@theK @DafterThings Grading Transfer is a pretty fantastic effect. 

Learn Curves. Now, the great thing about Curves is they work in exactly the same way in Hitfilm as any other software. So, while there isn't a "How to use Curves in Hitfilm" tutorial, any Curves tutorial applies. 

Curves can adjust color tints and contrast and is a good fine-tuning filter to add after Grading Transfer if Grading Transfer doesn't quite nail it.