Can anyone tell me the exact difference between Blender 2.8 , Element 3D , Cinema 4D ?

VARADLAD
VARADLAD Website User Posts: 54

Hi , I'm willing to learn 3D modeling , compositing and animation. But first i want to know the difference between these 3 software. I can't actually understand which software is used for which specific work. So please help me out by telling difference between these software ! 

Thank you 

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,984 Ambassador

Blender and Cinema 4D are full 3D modelling and editing programs. if you want to build your own 3D models these are the two to look at. Blender is free, C4D is not.

Element 3D is NOT modelling software. You can use Element 3D to animate models. Element 3D is not Stand-Alone software, it's a plug-in for After Effects. I believe Element 3D will be one of the After Effects Plug-ins that will run inside Hitfilm Pro in a future version. To a certain Extent, Element 3D is redundant if you already have Hitfilm Pro, since Hitfilm Pro will already let you import 3D models and do most of what Element does.

• VARADLAD

@Triem oh i see ! But the thing is , i want to creat a scene where a plane is crashing to the ground from the sky. I can't really decide which software i should use for this scene as there is importing model animating the path also changes in airplane model as there is a blast.

Help me out.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,984 Ambassador

Hitfilm Pro or Blender. No point on spending a thousand bucks on C4D. Element 3D would require Ae ($700/year + $200 for Element) or Hitfilm Pro ($299 for HFP + $200 for Element), especially since Hitfilm Pro already does most of what Element does.

• VARADLAD
    edited June 2019

@Triem thanks for that though , I'll think on that !

• VARADLAD

@Triem23 can you also suggest me some tutorials for animating the 3D model , I'm not able to find the right one. 

That'll be great help from you !

• Aerony
    Aerony Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Blender is free , Cinema4D is not , if you can afford to spend a lot for training purposes I guess either will do , I find blender great and while I avoided for over a decade because I gave up quite quick each time I tried to get in to it(coming from 3DS Max ) 2 years ago I decided to go all in and after 1 week of really putting the effort and doing tutorials I never looked back.

I find blender to be a very fast modeling tool once you learn the shortcuts(UI is not really used a lot so the fact that it is quite unfriendly makes no difference but it does manage to scare of beginners unfortunately). If you go with blender i suggest you do a lot of smaller interface/shortcut tutorials first as blender doesn’t resemble anything else so nothing will work as expected.

Anyway for me blender wins any vs battle for home, hobby or small studio discussion as it is free and powerful, and money counts especially since when you pay for a 3D program you need to take into account that you will need to pay for updates to as you progress or at least a hefty monthly fee if its a subscription based license model so the costs add up pretty quick.