Tracking off screen

MorganStudiosMorganStudios Website User Posts: 46 Just Starting Out

A lot of the footage I have that I need to track stuff on to, the points move off screen then I have to track by hand. Is there a way to get around this without having to reshoot anything?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,299 Ambassador

I'm not on my computer to check this right now so this is from memory. 

There's a value in the tracker called "Offset" which is used to reposition the tracker box. When the thing you're tracking moves off screen adjust the offset to move the tracking box to something onscreen about the same distance from the camera. Keep tracking the new point.  

@FilmSensei does your tracking tutorial cover that? Or maybe I'm thinking of Shiny Films? 

• HeySiriHeySiri Website User Posts: 382 Just Starting Out

Have you watched 

Around 4:40 he talks about moving the tracker to different objects. I would recommend you either track a different object altogether (which I realize may not be ideal) or find a different tracking point for the frames whenever the tracker is out of frame. Hope this helped!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,299 Ambassador

@HeySiri or that tutorial! Heh. We posted at the same time!