Unable to create project at 2560x1440 resolution

Hello. 
I'm trying to do some editing on an animation that's almost finished. The animation's resolution is 2560x1440, but when I try to enter that into HitFilm 2 it doesn't accept it, and just defaults back to 1920x1080. I need it to be 2560x1440, and I want to get it finished ASAP. 
Please help!

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,225 Ambassador
    edited March 2014
    I do not believe Hitfilm supports 2.5k or 4k projects at this time. You would be able to import your 2.5 animation into Hitfilm and work with in in a 2.5k composite shot, but would be limited to a maximum of 1080HD for video output.
    You MIGHT be able to work in a 2.5k comp shot, and be able to export an image sequence at 2.5k, to import that image sequence into your other software for final render, but I don't have 2.5k footage to test.
    Hitfilm user MichaelJames is also a Blackmagic Cinema Camera owner, so he might be someone to ask.
  • rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    Is sounds like you may be using Hitfilm 2 Express, which I think is limited to HD (1920x1080).  Hitfilm 2 Ultimate can handle larger, including 4k.  However, keep in mind, as Tooshka mentioned, the MP4 codex is limited, so you'd need to export as an image sequence or possibly an AVI.
    Richard.
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,238 Staff
    HitFilm 2 Ultimate will support video files up to 4k, depending on your video card.  More basic cards will limit the resolutions you can use to 1920 x 1080 and lower, while more capable cards will let you go larger.
    HitFilm 2 Express works with footage up to 1920 x 1080.
  • OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    Is sounds like you may be using Hitfilm 2 Express, which I think is limited to HD (1920x1080).  Hitfilm 2 Ultimate can handle larger, including 4k.  However, keep in mind, as Tooshka mentioned, the MP4 codex is limited, so you'd need to export as an image sequence or possibly an AVI.
    Richard.

Boom!  Learn something new everyday :D 
    Thanks Richard! 
    I was unaware of the MP4 limitation as I was having a similar issue - image sequence it is!