Can we get an Imerge Gallery?!

HictorHictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 327 Enthusiast
edited June 2019 in Imerge

For real. I think we'd inspire each other.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador
  • Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 943 Enthusiast
    edited June 2019

@Hictor 1,000+ that it would be like Bridge adobe version

• HictorHictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 327 Enthusiast
    edited June 2019

Andersen01498 

To clarify: I meant an "Imerge Gallery" thread like we have a "Hitfilm Gallery" thread.

Although, i wouldn't say no to a Bridge for FXhome!

Call it: "Hit Bridge!" 

Or better yet: "Oli Connects Us All"

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,190 Moderator

@Hictor What about Oli Oli Oxen Free...or is that showing my age too much 

• HictorHictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 327 Enthusiast
    edited June 2019

@tddavis No one mentions a Halo reference and gets to complain about age, sir.

@Hictor Halo?  Hate to say I had no clue :)  It's what we used to holler to call everyone in playing back in the day.

• DibsMcCallumDibsMcCallum Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 123 Staff

Thank you very much for this suggestion, I have passed it over to the powers that be for you 

@DibsMcCallum

I would also like to point that maybe it'd be wiser to rename Hitfilm Gallery to FXhome Gallery and just make it a case for all products.

That way, who knows. Maybe us Imerge users could inspire some Hitfilm users to join the dark side >_>;

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador

@Hictor @DibsMcCallum or even just "User Gallery?"

Hictor, I've already typed this up as a suggestion for the devs, but I'm hoping Imerge can add an "export layers" function that bakes in each layer's effects and masks and stores out each layer to PNG, TIFF or EXR. This would immediately make Imerge more valuable to Hitfilm users as one could prep all the layers of a multiplane matte painting and easily have them ready to go in Hitfilm. Another proposed option was to bake in effects and masks, render out the layers AND create a Hitfilm Composite Shot with the layers ordered. 

I say bake in the masks and effects because HF and Imerge have different effects/masking options and orders of operation. 

With the new group layers in Imerge, right now the core Imerge workflow is still being finalized, but, with luck, something like this could make Imerge 4 or 5?

But any video artist who has gone through the "joys" of soloing and saving layers from Affinity, Photoshop or GIMP would appreciate this type of function from Imerge. 

@tddavis Kick the Can or Hide and Seek? I dunno this Halo stuff either, crazy kids and their first person Xbox shooters! *Insert "Red vs Blue" joke. 

@Triem23 Hide and Seek for me.  You know, I identify with the guy in UP! more and more. :)

@Triem23 That would be swell, man.

To be fair, Imerge Pro can actually extend beyond photo compositing. If it were left upto me, I'd suggest a roadmap where FXhome merges (pun intended) the software's functionality with some of the basics of Adobe Illustrator/Affinity Design.

Geometric shapes, while technically achievable through masks (Guys, please include a triangle option in the masking defaults?) offer a huge variety of possibilities in image compositing. 

Add this to the possibility of the throwing an Imerge Pro project into Hitfilm...

Ho ho ho. Possibilities. Possibilities.

@tddavis DON'T REMIND ME ABOUT THE ADVENTURE BOOK SCENE  ;_;

Ok. Too late.

• Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 943 Enthusiast
    edited June 2019

@Hictor It would be awesome if Hitfilm pro could import vector artwork so I wouldn't have to worry about pixelation... 

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,058 Staff

Thanks guys - your comments have been noted and we're definitely going to be considering something like this going forward!