How to Sync Sony Vegas and Hitfilm Express?

Hi! Is there any way to export the timeline of sony vegas, with the layers and such to hitfilm to add effects?

I prefer moving clips and cutting inside of Vegas, but I need Hitfilm for noise reduction and chroma keying, I could render the video on vegas and export it to Hitfilm, but because of the need of chroma I can't (I would have to re-sync the background footage, etc..., etc...)

Is there a way to work with both back and forth? thanks

Comments

• Mistery1307Mistery1307 Website User Posts: 177 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2019

@SimonSanchezArt No, not the timeline, you could make each scene a composite shot, export all of them separately, then go back to Sony Vegas and put them together, this is how I believe big productions are made, but my recommendation is; don't bother with this, it takes up too much memory, switch to one or the other.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,278 Ambassador

Vegas Studio or Vegas Pro? 

As @Mistery1307 notes you can't transfer timelines between Vegas and Hitfilm (in general it's difficult to transfer timelines from any NLE to another  and the protocols that exist are basically "cuts only" (no FX/transitions). 

Vegas Pro can read the Editor Timeline of a Hitfilm project as media. Additionally  you should be able to right click a clip in Vegas and send it to Hitfilm - sending out the greenscreen shots. The Vegas clip will automatically be replaced with the Hitfilm clip on the Vegas timeline. 

Also, look in the FXHOME store for "Ignite Express." This is a pack of free plug-ins for Vegas Pro, but I think it has the Hitfilm Chroma Keyer. This might let you use Hitfilm effects you want directly in Vegas. 

All of this assumes Vegas Pro. 

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,297 Ambassador

People who are interested in integrating Vegas and HitFilm are going to be thrilled when Vegas Post comes out!

https://www.sonyvegas.co.uk/new-software-announced-vegas-post/

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,278 Ambassador

@Filmsensei Likely. We'll have to see final pricing. Something I saw elsewhere suggested it would be a subscription software, which would immediately make me say "NOPE!"

And I've used Vegas since v1 and Hitfilm since v2. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Vegas POST and I already REALLY hope it's amazing and at a viable price point.

• SimonSanchezArtSimonSanchezArt Website User Posts: 3

Triem23 Thanks, I've installed Ignite Express and I have the chroma, this should work to speed up my workflow hopefully, sadly I can't find the light wrap but I guess I can live with that.