TRON: Legacy light ribbon effect.

Mistery1307Mistery1307 Website User Posts: 177 Just Starting Out

I want to recreate the light ribbon from the light cycles, I'd rather it not require add-ons, but if it does, I have these packs:

VFX: Starter Kit Pack

VFX: Neon Lights Pack

Is this too much to ask for?

reference

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

Probably. We've had discussions on other threads about this, and @FilmSensei is shortly to do a tutorial, but this is really a job for the Particle Sim if you need full-3D, or, probably hand-masked planes in 2D space with a static camera (which is your only option with Express and the add-ons you have). There are a few things that could be tried with Atomic Particles as well. 

• Mistery1307Mistery1307 Website User Posts: 177 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2019

@Triem23 Isn't @FilmSensei's tutorial for the old ones?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

Yes, but it will still work. Only difference will be curved walls instead of straight 90-degree turns. 

But the new ones have a different texture... I'll just look in the user gallery for tips.

Ah, but it's not THST different. Basically, rather than a solid wall, it's translucent  fading out more towards the center, and that can be done simply by editing the source texture. Sensei is using a small rectangular block. All he'd need to do to get a Tron Legacy texture is mask a cutout in the horizontal center of the block, then feather the mask to get the fade.