How to create these blobby particles?

DimipapaDimipapa Website User Posts: 310 Enthusiast

Majahr has been gone for a while and he never made a tutorial about this one.  I think the solid circle is covering a particle system underneath but I'm not sure how he's changing the colors unless it is a particle system to and hes using the liftime panel or just animation changes in color which eh I'm not sure if you can do that or not.  The blobules seem to be a system of emitters.  The movement seems really tricky though, this looks like a nice method to make things look liquidy.  Anyone got a good idea whats going on here?

Comments

• DimipapaDimipapa Website User Posts: 310 Enthusiast

Maybe he is animating attraction to follow the ball

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

@Dimipapa nope. This Majahr test dates back to Hitfilm version 1. No Animation effects.

Color can be animated in the particle sim in the Appearance settings and the Lifetime panel. 

The circle blob COULD be a separate layer attached to the same point that the emitter is parented to.

Looks like there's either multiple particle systems, or a mobile emitter spewing particles. The first system (or mobile emitter) has a very low speed setting and larger particle sizes and is creating the blobby trail (note ho the blobs bunch up as the circle slows and space out as it speeds up) and the smaller particles are either the second particle system or being spawned by the mobile emitters.

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,301 Ambassador

@Triem23 I believe you are right. The main circle has to be a circular masked plane that is feathered. Then there are at least two particle sims... one with bigger particles and one with smaller, maybe more. I would say other effects include  glow, diffuse, and maybe neon glow. The colors change also... maybe a keyframed hue shift? The blobs reveal the lettering underneath, so probably a bigger, more heavily feathered version of the circular masked plane that is used as a matte.

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,301 Ambassador

Here is a test run on this idea. While it is far from being dialed in, I think I am on the right track. I used a Neon Glow effect dialed in to make the "blobby" look and a Crush Black and White Alpha to tie the blobs together.

• DimipapaDimipapa Website User Posts: 310 Enthusiast

Wow that looks really close.  I think this can be a cool way to make an ink blot effect.