Using Neon Path on on a Tracked Mask?

HictorHictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 326 Enthusiast

So, admittedly, tracking has not been the most frequent bit of my workflow, so I'm quite rusty in a few areas.

Cutting a long story short:

I have a pair of glasses that has a tiny crack on the side and I want to draw a mask and use neon path effect on that said crack. The shot is handheld, so its intentionally shakey to produce that subtle intimate motion.

Obviously, I'd need to track the mask onto the crack and last I checked, Mocha is incredibly useful for the job.

So, I tracked it and have indeed produced a decent Matte, BUT -

When I throw in the Neon Path effect, the parameters are either "MASK" or "Text"

So, I'm stuck!

I tried to see if I could somehow divine a method via Hitfilm's native tracker, but since I need to apply the neon path effect to a MASK - I'm not entirely sure whats the proper method here.

Oh and I have the latest hitfilm (caved in during the recent sale, heh)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,227 Ambassador
    edited April 2019

Masks cannot be tracked  Track the glasses. Apply the track to a point layer. Parent a plane layer to the tracked point. Mask this plane. 

You might need to change the blend mode of the plane layer to add. Alternative: look for a "Blend Mode" in Neon Path and set that to "None," instead. 

• HictorHictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 326 Enthusiast

@Triem32 Beat me to it!

Thanks Triem! As always.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,227 Ambassador