how to duplicate video

Hello everybody.
I need help for probably what is basic function but I don't find the answer.
I explain what I want to do :
I want to do several videos which are fairly similar (some pictures and composite may vary), and I want to keep each video in a dedicated folder in case I want to modify it later.
I noticed that when I copy/paste the folder if I modify a composite in a folder it modifies it in the other folder, I found that I need to create a folder and then to copy the composites in it if I want to keep both folder separate.
Now the problem is with the editor where I still have the making of the previous folder and I don't know how to "switch" to a new editor where I can make the new video (ideally I would like to have the making of the previous folder in the editor and to modify it for the new one without modify the previous, instead of starting again from scratch).

Note : I haven't exported the 1st video yet, I'd like to do this when I have finished all videos (I don't know if this comment is important regarding my question).
I hope I'm clear :-)
Thanks for your help

Vincent

Comments

• fabgozefabgoze Website User Posts: 1

copy it via right clicking on it then paste where you want it to be

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,562 Staff

@vincentid I'm still not 100% certain what you're trying to do but I'll make an assumption that you want to duplicate multiple pieces of media, along with the folder they're in, and work on them all asynchronously? I feel like in this situation, making a duplicate of the project file itself would be the best solution if you're trying to make very similar outcomes.