Green/Blue Screen Clean Up Questions

Question 1) I have the latest free version of hit films, and I have not purchased any add ons. I'm Making a stop motion brick film. In one of my movie scenes I'm using a blue screen. The blue screen is working correctly however blue light is reflecting off of the screen and onto my models. This blue light is causing parts of my models to become transparent when I add the blue screen effect. How do I fix this issue without re-shooting the scene?

Question 2) can you use green/blue in a scene with a green/Blue sceen effect active? If so, how?

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,171 Moderator

Question 1)  You might try  duplicating your footage layer, and roughly mask around the areas that transparent that you want to keep with several masks or just one around the whole figure but staying away from the edge as much as possible unless you are going to mask precise and then use the feather mask tool to blend the two layers.

Ideally, you might be able to move the blue background back and/or lower the lights to avoid this on future shoots.

Question 2) Not without a ton of rotoscoping like the above process that I know of.  If you have to have blue or green in the shot you can use a different color say dayglo Orange but there's a risk of skin tones going wonky.

Hope this helps.

• DafterThingsDafterThings Website User Posts: 878 Enthusiast

Does Spill Removal help at all? I have also used Light Wrap to hide some issues.
    Try Colour DIfference and HUE & RGB just in case.
    With a particularly bad green screen video I did once try adjusting the colour of the video, applying the green/blue (or the other way around) and then use that comp in another comp and adjusting the colour back again.