FEATURE REQUESTS - Some good ones :-)

StephenMcAnulla
StephenMcAnulla Website User Posts: 1

Love this software so much, it breaks out of the box on so many levels. Things that would help a lot in future updates:

• The ability to paint a mask with a tablet and pen, for doing fast 'teeth whitening' , dodge burning, etc. Pressure sensitivity to a Wacom tablet would be great for building up the effect for subtle edits, etc.
  • Ability to have a 'FOLDER' and dropdown list for LUTs so you don't have to pick one each time to try it out. this is tedious.
  • History for edits to go back in time after closing the program
  • export as LAYERS for photoshop via plugin or just into a folder as a PSD, etc. Some things are just easier in photoshop for me.... I like having this option for certain editing I do.
  • PRESETS that you can copy from one project to the next for working on similar images or trying to maintain a similar look and feel.

I'm sure it is entirely possible that you are already working on some or all of these, but what to state how important these features are for everyday editors such as myself. Anything that makes my job faster and easier, and more fun.... I'm all about it!!!

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Stephen

Comments

• rikkiloades
    rikkiloades Staff Website User Posts: 158 Moderator
    edited April 2019

Hey @StephenMcAnulla. Thank you for the kind feedback - much appreciated by the team here.

Those are all very interesting requests and we will add them where they aren't already on the backlog of ideas for future releases.

Just a few observations and questions from our end.

The ability to paint a mask with a tablet and pen, for doing fast 'teeth whitening' , dodge burning, etc. Pressure sensitivity to a Wacom tablet would be great for building up the effect for subtle edits, etc.

Yeah, that would be very useful and is already on our backlog.

Ability to have a 'FOLDER' and dropdown list for LUTs so you don't have to pick one each time to try it out. this is tedious.

Perfectly explained and i can see the problem. We will add it to the list and look at it sometime in the future.

History for edits to go back in time after closing the program

This one is tricky but we do understand the desire for it. Its something we have considered, but not been able to find a sensible solution. Some image editing programs which simply run a single image through a chain of filters have this. However, Imerge composites typically are make up of many layers and those layers may be backed by large high res images. The amount of operations performed on a composite tends to be much higher than on single images that are corrected/stylized. Being able to go back past save points with those means we would likely end up with too much history for the software to reasonably handle and it would slow the software down over time to maintain that as you edit. So far we've not found a good solution in terms of UI and performance that would be acceptable.

export as LAYERS for photoshop via plugin or just into a folder as a PSD, etc. Some things are just easier in photoshop for me.... I like having this option for certain editing I do.

So yep, we understand this. How would you expect the layers to export into a PSD. Photoshop does not have the direct equivillent of our layer types, effects and masks. Some of our layer types behave fundamentally differently. So would it suit your needs if each layer just be a flattened representation of its contents with masks and effects applied? How would you expect content variations to show up? Are there any other details you can think of about how you would like that to work?

PRESETS that you can copy from one project to the next for working on similar images or trying to maintain a similar look and feel.

Yeah, understood and  its on our featurelist for the future - stay tuned!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!